AICTE Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls: Pragati Scholarship Scheme 2023 is a central government program administered by the All India Council for Technical Education. AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls is open to those who are currently studying in 1st year Diploma/Technical Degree courses or have been admitted to 2nd year through lateral entry. The Pragati Scholarship form is available on the NSP portal only. If you fulfill all the eligibility criteria then you need to complete the registration before the last date and then submit the fresh application at www.scholarships.gov.in. Once submitted a merit list will be prepared by AICTE. The selection process for Pragati Scholarship is entirely merit based. Candidates can check their merit list at www.aicte-india.org. The students selected in the merit list will get Rs 50,000 per annum for 4 years (degree) and 3 years (diploma) towards college fees, purchase of computer, purchase of books and software. Before applying for this scholarship, you should know all the information related to this scholarship which we have discussed below. But the most important thing is that the last date for online application is 31.10.2023.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2023
Pragati Scholarship falls under the schemes of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and is implemented by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). PRAGATI scholarship is only for girls who have completed the 12th board examination with a minimum of 60% marks and are currently enrolled in 1st year (Degree / Diploma) or 2nd year of technical course through lateral entry. Under this scholarship scheme, 5000 diploma and 5000 degree course students are selected every year. Those whose names will be on the merit list of the Pragati Scholarship will get Rs.30000 as tuition fee and an additional Rs.2000 for 10 months. Only 2 girl students from a family are eligible for this scholarship, as well as their family annual income should be less than Rs 80000 lakh.
Overview of AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2023-24
|Name of Scholarship||AICTE Pragati scholarship scheme|
|Scholarship for||Girls Students|
|Provided By||All India Council for Technical Education|
|Launched By||Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)|
|Level of Course||Diploma and Degree|
|Fresh Application at||scholarships.gov.in (NSP Portal)|
|Last Date||October 31, 2023|
|Scholarship form Apply||Online|
aicte-india.org Pragati scholarship form
Application for Pragati Scholarship is only possible through online mode. Applicants must first go to aicte-india.org or the NSP portal to complete the registration. After that, they will be given a registration number through which they will have to log in and fill out the fresh application form. Finally, upload the documents and submit them. Here are the steps you need to follow before submitting the online application form:
- New Registration
- Login and Fresh Application
- Fill out the application form
- Upload documents
- Preview and submit the application
Pragati scholarship registration 2023 on NSP
- First of all, visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) otherwise visit, www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Then click on the New Registration option under Applicant Corner.
- Tick I agree and click on the Continue button.
- After the registration page opens, select State of Domicile/Scholarship Category.
- Then enter your Name, Scholarship Type, Date of Birth, Mobile, Email ID, Bank Account Number, and Identification Details.
- Fill in the captcha code and click on registration.
How to apply online for Pragati Scholarship (Fresh application)
After successful registration, you will be provided a unique Application ID through which you have to login and complete the application process. check the following steps:
Steps to follow:
- Visit NSP portal
Go to the National Scholarship Portal.
Select Fresh Application under the Applicant Corner, then enter the application ID, password, and captcha code and click on login.
- Select application
When the dashboard opens, click on Application Form.
- Enter admission no.
Once the application form is opened, enter your current course admission/registration/enrolment number.
- Select mode of study
Scroll down the page and enter the Mode of Study, Present, and Previous Course Details.
- Enter 10th/12th details
Now. Fill in the 10th / 12th details such as Roll Number, Board Name, Year of Passing, marks obtained, etc.
- Submit other details
Enter other details such as Name of Guardian, Martial Status, Parent Profession, and Type of Disability, then click on Save and Continue button.
- Upload documents
Now upload documents such as Bonafide/domicile/income certificate, mark sheets, etc.
- Submit application
Preview all the information you provided, then submit the application.
Renewal for Pragati scholarship for girls students
Students who have applied for fresh admission in the first year of the AICTE Pragati Scholarship will have to renew every year according to the course duration. The Renewal form can be filled only by those who have passed the 1st year and have taken admitted in the 2nd/3rd/4th year. Follow the steps below to renew the application.
- Visit the NSP portal, www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Select the Renewal Application option (under Applicant Corner).
- Enter your application id, password, and captcha code to login.
- When the dashboard opens, click on “Apply for Renewal”.
- Now enter your Aadhaar number, family income, day scholar/hosteller, class start date, previous class, registration/admission number, and admission year.
- Then upload the documents, we have mentioned the list of necessary documents below.
- After uploading all the documents, verify the information provided then click on the final summit.
Pragati Scholarship amount for girls
The girl students selected through the merit list of the Pragati Scholarship will be given Rs.50000 per annum for 4 years (Degree Courses) and 3 years (Diploma Courses) for college/tuition fees and purchase of laptops, stationery books, and software. We have displayed the list of amounts in the table below.
|Diploma course||Selected girls will receive: Tuition fee of ₹30000 or actual fee (whichever is less)|
incidental charges: 2000/monthly for 10 months
|Technical Degree course||Selected girls will get: Tuition fee ₹30000 or actual fee (whichever is less)|
Ancillary charges: Rs.2000 / month for 10 months
Pragati Scholarship eligibility for girls
Below is the complete list of qualifications that every student must meet.
- The annual income of the family should be less than Rs 800000.
- Only Girls Students can apply for the Pragati Scholarship scheme.
- A maximum of 2 girls from a family are eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicant must have at least 60% marks in the 12 board examination.
- The college you are currently enrolled in must be approved by AICTE.
- Students who have applied for Pragati Scholarship are not eligible for any other scholarship from State / Central Government.
- Those who have enrolled in the first year of the technical course in the academic year 2023 or the second year through lateral entry are eligible.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship Merit List 2023
Many of you may have applied for fresh/renewal in Pragati Scholarship and now want to know whether your name is present on the merit list or not. The selection process for this scholarship is made entirely on the basis of a merit list. The merit list is prepared based on the total marks obtained by the students in the 12th examination. The girl students whose names appear in this list will be selected for the scholarship and the tuition fee will be distributed among them. The merit list of the Pragati Scholarship is issued on the official website aicte-india.org from where you can check it.
Steps to Check Pragati Scholarship Merit List Status?
To check the merit list of Pragati Scholarship you need to download the list. To do so, take the following steps::
- Step 1: Go to the Pragati Scholarship Portal, the link for which is: www.aicte-india.org.
- Step 2: Then go to Scheme, and select “Student Development Schemes”.
- Step 3: When the next page opens, scroll down to the bottom, and click on the Learn More option under Pragati Scholarship.
- Step 4: Then click on the link of Merit List Pragati Scholarship Scheme (Degree/Diploma).
- Step 5: Open the pdf file and download it.
Selection Process for Girls
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of a merit list. To apply for this scholarship, the applicant must have a minimum of 60% marks in class 12 board examination. The higher your score, the more likely you are to be selected. You can find out whether you have been selected for AICTE Pragati Scholarship by checking the merit list at aicte-india.org. All girl students are eligible for this scholarship scheme but there is a reservation of scholarships for students from certain communities, which are as follows:
- 15% for SC candidate
- 7.5% for ST applicant
- 27% for OBC student
Pragati scholarship scheme Important documents
There are several documents that will be required while applying for this scholarship. The list of important documents is as follows:
- 10th/12th Examination Mark sheet
- Family income certificate
- Aadhar card of the Student
- Bank account and passbook
- Domicile certificate
- Caste certificate
- Recent passport photo
- Bonafide certificate
- Admission fee receipt
- Valid Mobile No.
Pragati Scholarship Official Links
|Pragati registration||NSP portal|
|Check Merit list||Degree | Diploma|
|Login and Renewal application||visit|
|Our Home||AGC NEST|
Pragati scholarship Important FAQs
You are able to check your status at aicte-india.org portal.
Online applications for the 2023-24 session of the Pragati Scholarship will start soon.
Family income should not exceed Rs 8 lakh per annum.