APAAR ID is an acronym for Automatic Permanent Academic Account Registry, a One Nation One Student ID initiative introduced by the Ministry of Education as part of the new National Education Policy 2020 (NEP). This student ID will digitally store all of a student’s academic performance and progress from pre-primary to college level.
The APAAR card will have a unique 12-digit ID number (just like an Aadhaar card) that will be unique for each student; using this unique ID, the academic data of the students can be retrieved at any time. Following the successful adoption of this card, each student will be granted a credit score depending on their academic performance, which they can redeem at their next course/college. The government has launched the Academic Bank Portal (abc.gov.in), where students can apply for an APAAR ID or a One Nation One Student ID. We’ve gone through the protocol of how to register for an APAAR ID and download ABC card PDF.
APAAR ID Card (One Nation One Student ID)
APAAR ID Abbreviation is Automated Permanent Academic Account Registry, a One Nation One Student ID program launched by the Ministry of Education, Government of India. The primary goal of this initiative is to establish a hassle-free learning ecosystem. It is a unique ID (12 digits) that students can use to digitally record their academic data, such as documents, exam results and achievements, and scholarships. One Nation, One Student ID will allow students to avoid carrying physical documents at all times.
Overview of One Nation One Student ID (ABC Card)
|Name of Scheme||One Nation One Student ID|
|Name of Card||Automated Permanent Academic Account Registry (APAAR ID)|
|Initiated by||Ministry of Education (MOE), Govt. of India|
|Total ID created||2.51 Cr.|
|Unique ID No.||12-digits|
|Mode of registration||Online|
|Download APAAR||From DigiLocker|
Academic Bank of Credit ABC ID Card
Under the National Education Policy 2020, the Ministry of Education, Government of India has launched the Academic Bank of Credit, i.e. abc.gov.in portal for completing Aapaar ID registration. Using this website, students can create their own 12-digit APAAR ID by creating an ABC card. It is a digital ID card designed to store students’ academic data such as certificates, scholarships, extracurricular activities, and other educational information.
Benefits of APAAR ID Card
- APAAR ID would help students as well as government to track academic progress from pre-primary to higher education in real time.
- Students moving from one college to another will face less difficulty in getting admission.
- Students can store necessary documents and achievements such as test scores, report cards, and training certificates in this ID. As a result, students do not have to carry physical documents everywhere.
- Students will be provided with a 12-digit unique ID that will store the student’s academic data which they can access at will.
- Everyone will be given credits based on academic performance which they can utilize at any time during their course.
Steps for APAAR ID Card Registration Online at abc.gov.in
The Government of India has recently developed a portal for APAAR ID registration named ABC Bank. There, students can apply for their One Nation One Student ID online. We have demonstrated in detail how to create and register this card.
- First of all, go to the website of Academic Bank of Credit which is accessible at www.abc.gov.in.
- Navigate to the My Account option on the right side and click on Student from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your mobile number and six-digit PIN and login to DigiLocker. If you don’t have an account, click Sign Up (enter mobile number, full name, date of birth, username and pin code then verify).
- Scroll down the page and click on the Allow button.
- Now select your university/college/institute name, admission year, identity type (Roll/Registration/nrollment No), enter the identity value, and click on submit button.
- On the next page, APAAR ID registration will be completed successfully and you will be able to check your Academic Bank of Credit Score.
Steps to download APAAR ID (ABC Card)
Steps to follow
- Step 1
Go to the DigiLocker website else visit the link digilocker.gov.in.
- Step 2
Now Select SIGN IN, then enter your Mobile Number or Aadhaar number and the six-digit PIN and click on the Sign In button.
- Step 3
Enter the six-digit OTP sent to your registered mobile number and click on the submit button.
- Step 4
Go to Search Documents, navigate to the Education section, and click on Academic Bank Credit.
- Step 5
Enter your Name as per your Aadhaar Card, Date of Birth, Identity Value, Institution Name, and click on Get Documents.
- Step 6
Finally, go to the Issue Document option then click on the Download button next to the three-dot menu and select PDF to download the ID card.
APAAR ID Useful Link
FAQs related to APAAR ID (One Nation One Student ID)
APAAR ID stands for Automated Permanent Academic Account Registry.
Go to Academic Bank portal (abc.gov.in) to create APAAR ID card.
To register online, you must have an Aadhaar card and a valid mobile number.
Go to DigiLocker then login to download APAAR ID.
Visit Our Homepage (AGC NEST) for more relevant content