Bihar Post Matric Scholarship is an scholarship for the backward minority students of the state. The Education Department of Bihar has launched an official portal for meritorious students which is PMS Scholarship Portal. SC, ST, OBC, BC, and EBC students register online for the scholarship through this portal. Every year the application form for the new session of the Bihar Post Matric Scholarship is launched on this PMS online portal. This year Bihar Post Matric Scholarship application for session 2022-23 has started on 5th November. If you have completed the 10th standard and studying for any Post Matric or above course then you can apply online for Bihar PMS Scholarship 2022-23 session from PMS official website pmsonline.bih.nic.in.
Last date for online application for Bihar Post Matric Scholarship 2022-23 session is 28th February 2023. There are some guidelines you must know before applying for PMS Bihar Scholarship. Therefore, in today’s article, we will discuss some details like what is eligibility criteria, last date, amount, status check, and how to apply online.
Bihar Post Matric Scholarship 2023 Latest Update
The Education Department of Bihar has issued the latest notification about Bihar Post Matric Scholarship for session 2022-23 on PMS portal pmsonline.bih.nic.in. This notification has been released for those who have not yet applied and the last date for online application has been extended as per the update. This update is for SC, ST students, not for BC and EBC students The changes made in the latest update are as follows:
- The online application date for Bihar Post Matric Scholarship for SC, and ST students for session 2022-23 was 31.01.2023 which has now been extended to 28 February 2023.
- Now applicants can register using the newly launched mobile app along with the PMS portal to fill the application form.
PMS Bihar Post Matric Scholarship 2022-23: Overview
|Name of the Scholarship||Bihar Post Matric Scholarship|
|Authority||Education Department of Bihar|
|Amount List||Mentioned Below|
|Beneficiary||SC, ST, OBC, BC, and EBC Students|
|Application Starts||November 5, 2022|
|Last Date of Application||28.02.2023|
|Name of the Portal||PMS Online|
Bihar Post Matric Scholarship Eligibility
Many of you have applied or are going to apply for the Bihar Post Matric Scholarship 2023 session, but before applying you need to make sure that you are eligible. To register for this scholarship there are certain eligibility criteria that every applicant must fulfill. As we mentioned below,
- Only SC, ST, OBC, BC, and EBC students are eligible for Bihar Scholarship.
- The institute you are currently studying in must be registered on the PMS portal.
- The applicant must be a resident State of Bihar.
- The applicant’s annual family income should be less than 3 lakh rupees.
- Since this is a Post Matric scholarship so you must have completed at least 10th standard.
- Bihar Inter Matric 2023 Scholarship
- Kanya Utthan Yojana Payment List
- MPTAAS Scholarship
- SSP Scholarship Apply
- MahaDBT Scholarship
Bihar Post Matric Scholarship Amount List
|Name of the Courses||Amount List|
|D. Pharm/Polytechnic/ITI Courses||10000/-|
|P.H.D/M. Phil Courses||5000/-|
|Post Graduate/ Degree in Arts, Science, Commerce||5000/-|
|PG in Agriculture||5000/-|
|Vocational Courses (12 or above)||10000/-|
|B. Pharma/B. Nursing/ Mass Communication/ Hotel Management & Catering||10000/-|
|Degree in Medicine/Engineering/Architecture/ Planning||15000/-|
|Degree in Design/Fashion/Veterinary & Allied Science||15000/-|
|Degree in Finance/Management/LLB||15000/-|
Documents required for PMS Scholarship Bihar
- Aadhar Card
- Student’s Bank Account
- Residential Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Admission Fees Receipts
- Bonafide Certificate
- Previous Academic Marksheet
PMS online Bihar Post Matric Scholarship Status Check
Many of you have applied for PMS Scholarship Bihar and want to check status of whether your form has been accepted or rejected. We have explained below how to check pmsonline.bih.nic.in scholarship status.
- First, go to the PMSonline portal, which can be accessed by visiting pmsonline.bih.nic.in.
- Now login with your user id and password.
- Then click on Scholarship Application Status & Actions.
- You can check your application status here.
You can see different types of statuses like,
|Status Type||Status State|
|Personal Details Status||Done|
|Finalized Status||Finalized/Not Finalized|
|Physical Committee Status||Done/Pending|
|Institite District Status||Done/Pending|
|Home District Status||Done/Pending|
Steps for Applying Post Matric Scholarship Bihar
- New Student Registration
- Update Personal Details
- Add Bank Details
- Fill Certificate Details
- Upload Photo
- Apply for Fresh/Renewal Scholarship
- Select Current Course and Roll Number
- Upload Institute Documents
- Finalize Application
How to Apply for Bihar Post Matric Scholarship 2022-23
The application for Bihar Post Matric Scholarship started on 5th November and the application deadline has been extended as many have not yet applied. The last date for online application for Bihar Post Matric Scholarship 2022-23 session has been extended till 28.02.2023, those who have not applied apply soon. Below we have shown step-by-step how you can fill the online application form.
For online process of application visit the official portal of PMS Scholarship Bihar. On the home page, you will get two options – New Student Registration and Login for Already Registration.
Registration for Bihar Post Matric Scholarship
- Visit the PMSOnline Post Matric Scholarship Portal.
- Click on New Registration.
- Choose your name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, your father’s name, and category.
- Now verify with OTP sent to the email id and mobile number.
- Now Enter your Aadhaar Card Number, Name, and click on Preview.
- Recheck your registration form and correct if there is any mistakes then finally click on Registration Here.
pmsonline.bih.nic.in Bihar Post Matric Scholarship Log in
- After registration go back to the login page, enter your user id, password, and captcha then click on login button.
- Now select the update option and enter your caste,sub-caste, and permanent address, and click on save.
- Go back to home page then select bank details option now enter bank name, IFSC code, account number and click on save.
- Now select your Certificate Details option and fill the residential, income, caste certificate details and click on save.
- Then select the Upload Image option and upload your photo.
- Now click on Apply for Scholarship option.
- Select whether your application is Fresh/Renewal then fill in the academic year, institution name, and course name you are pursuing.
- Scroll down, and fill in your current course details like date of admission, registration/roll number, etc.
- Then fill in your previous year’s course details and click on save.
- Scroll down the page and upload institute documents like class 10, 12 details etc.
- Now click on Application Status and Print.
- Finally click on finalize application and submit the form.
FAQ’s related Bihar Post Matric Scholarship
Bihar PMS (Post Matric Scholarship) is a type of scholarship for minority students like SC, ST, OBC, BC, and EBC.
The last date of application has been extended to 28 February 2023.
You can apply by visiting the Bihar Post Matric website.
You can get scholarships ranging from Rs.2000-15000.
SC, ST, OBC, BC, and EBC students of the state are eligible for this scholarship.