Online applications for the Commonwealth Scholarship for the academic year 2023-24 are underway. Applicant must apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship 2023-24 by October 17, 2023, at 16.00 GMT. Students must fill out the application form on the CSC portal (https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk ) before the deadline. Kindly check the eligibility criteria and steps to apply online before applying for the scholarship, which are outlined below.
Commonwealth Scholarship 2023-24
The Commonwealth Scholarship is a prestigious international Scholarship scheme run and funded by the UK government’s Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO). This is a fully funded Scholarship for students wishing to further their education in the United Kingdom. Each year, over 800 students from across the Commonwealth Nations are chosen for the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan. The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) offers a range of scholarships and fellowship schemes, including Commonwealth Shared Scholarship / Master’s Scholarship/ Distance Learning Masters Scholarship/ Professional Fellowships/ PhD Scholarship, to encourage students from low- and middle-income backgrounds to pursue higher education. If you are a permanent resident of an eligible Commonwealth country, you can apply for this scholarship program for the academic year 2023-24.
cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk Commonwealth Scholarship 2023: Overview
|Name of the Scholarship||Commonwealth Scholarship|
|Administered by||Foreign, Commonwealth, & Development Office|
|Eligible courses||Masters and Ph.D.|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Benefits||tuition, Living, Travel allowance|
|Application Deadline||October 17, 2023|
Eligibility for Commonwealth Scholarship 2023-24
The requirements to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship are as follows:
- Have completed higher education in English medium.
- Be a permanent resident of the Commonwealth country mentioned on the CSC portal.
- Be available to start their studies in September 2024, at the start of the UK academic year.
- Have attained at least a first degree of higher second class (2:1) honours standard or lower second class degree and relevant postgraduate qualifications by September 2024.
- Have evidence of incapacity to study in the UK without this scholarship.
- Not pursuing MBA course.
Scholarship offered by CSC
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) offers the following scholarships:
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarship
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Masters Scholarship
- Commonwealth Split-site Ph.D. Scholarship
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarship
- High income Ph.D. Scholarships
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship 2023-24?
Applicants can fill out the application form for the Commonwealth Scholarship through online mode only. After submitting their application online, applicants must get in touch with the approved Nominating agency, and submit their application. Applicants will have the option to choose between two nominating bodies: A national nominating agency or a Selected non-governmental organization and charitable bodies, they can choose any one of them.
Steps to follow:
- Step 1
First visit the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) portal, otherwise visit https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk website.
- Step 2
Then click on the Apply button, choose your country from the dropdown menu, and click on the Search button.
- Step 3
Click on the scholarship you wish to apply for, then click on the Complete the Online Application Form option.
- Step 4
If you don’t have an account, scroll down and select New User and create an account, otherwise login using username and password.
- Step 5
When the dashboard opens – click on the Edit option, then select your Country and click on the Next button.
- Step 6
Select Eligibility and Due Diligence and then click on Next.
- Step 7
Then select your nominated agency from the dropdown menu and click on Next.
- Step 8
Fill out the application form on the next page, enter your personal and contact details e.g., Name, Surname, Address line, Town/city/State/Pin code, Phone number, Date of Birth, etc. then proceed to the next page.
- Step 9
On the next page, enter Academic records, Publications and Prizes, Career plans, Developmental impact, Personal statements, & volunteer and leadership experiences, etc.
- Step 10
Review all the information you provided then submit the application.
Value of Commonwealth Scholarship
Students selected for the Commonwealth Scholarship receive the following stipends:
- Tuition and examination fees (including full course fees)
- Stipend (living allowance): £1,043 per month or £1,652 per month at universities in metropolitan areas, as well as clothing allowance.
- Travel allowance within/outside the UK or abroad.
- For PhD scholars, financial grants for the cost of fieldwork undertaken abroad.
- Child Allowance: £576.51/per month for the first child and £143 per month for the second and third children, Under 16 years of age. (If they live in the UK with children at the same address.)
- A valid Passport or National citizenship card
- Detailed transcript of higher educational qualification
- Recommendation letter
FAQs related to Commonwealth Scholarship
The deadline for Commonwealth Scholarship for the academic year 2023-25 is 17th October 2023.
Citizens of Commonwealth countries who wish to pursue Masters and PhD in the UK.
Students are paid a living allowance of £1,043 to £1,279 per month, a child allowance of £224, and an in-out travel allowance.