FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form is the application that students complete to get financial assistance for college education or career school. If the student wants financial support in education they must fill out this FAFSA application form. The information provided by the student in an application form determines the eligibility for federal student aid. This scheme includes four types of financial aids such as Grants, Scholarships, Work-Study Funds, and Student Loans. The FAFSA form will be filled by the student online mode. When the form submitted online, student can pick up to 20 schools/colleges to receive their information. The schools/colleges selected by the student can calculate how much student aid to be given.
After checking how much aid they (schools/college) can offer a student, they send an aid offer details, the types and amounts of aid available to student. This financial assistance helps student and their family financially and they can afford college or career school. Student can complete the application form every year that they plan to attend college, career school. Students must apply for FAFSA form on or after the day the form launches.
- 2024-2025 FAFSA Application FORM
- DEADLINE FOR 2024-25 FAFSA
2024-2025 FAFSA Application FORM
The FAFSA application form is available now periodically as part of soft launch. This is available for short time only. The federal fafsa student aid office pause the site for maintenance and to make technical updates to give better environment. Student can complete the form to apply for financial assistance to help pay for attendance at college/school between 1 July 2024, and 30 June 2025. Student has as much of time to fill FAFSA form. When a student fills an application form during Soft Launch, the information will be stored and students need not to resubmit the application form.
|Name of Solf Launch
|Free Application for Federal Student Aid
|Deadline for 2024-25
|June 30 ‘2025
|Official Launch Details
WHAT IS IN NEW FORM?
In 2024- 2025 FAFSA form expands eligibility for this scheme, that includes Pell Grants and also provide elegant user experience. Over 6, 10,000 (6 Lakh ten thousand) new students gets an opportunity to receive Federal Pell Grants due to update in scheme. Student can skip around 26 questions based on their circumstances.
Once the student completes the application form he/she get a confirmation email that the federal office received form with preliminary information related to student eligibility for federal aid. This includes student estimation Student Aid Index (SAI) and estimated eligibility for Federal Pell Grants.
The eligibility information will be sent to schools/colleges and State in the month of January so that the student get enough time to fill application form. Once the school/college gets information from FAFSA they will provide this information to students.
Note: Until the school/college, State receives information filled in application form; the institute cannot answer about aid eligibility or its status.
The FAFSA office takes the responsibility of sending information regarding student to concerned school/college. The FAFSA office will send an email to student when FAFSA send information to school/college, State.
TIPS TO FILL FAFSA FORM
Form filling is an easy process. Below are the tips to be helpful to student to fill out form more easily.
- Create a StudentAid.gov account.
- Click on “2024-25 FAFSA Form” from main menu.
- Gather the document required to apply (such as Parent’s SSN number, Tax returns, Records of child support. received, Current balance of cash, savings, etc., net worth, business, farm etc.
- Provide your Basic information and other things.
- List out the Colleges/Career schools you wish to join for.
- State about your dependency status.
- Enter information regarding your Parent’s.
- Enter details about Spouse (if applicable).
- Provide financial information.
- Sign and Submit the application form.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR FAFSA
- Verified account details such as Username, Password (FSA ID) [these information will be given during account creation].
- Parent/Spouse contributor name, date of birth, SSN (Social Security Number) and email Id.
- Income and asset information (if applicable).
CREATE ACCOUNT FOR FAFSA
Student can create their own account to get Federal Student Aid. To create an account one can follow below steps.
- Step 1: Visit https://studentaid.gov/, or access this link.
- Step 2: Click on “Create Account” from top right corner.
- Step 3: A New page opens and click on “Get Started” button.
- Step 4: Fill the necessary details of the form such as First name, Middle name, Last name, Date of Birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), and click on “Continue” button.
- There are total 7 pages to fill out information. Once submitted, student gets an Id and password to Login. Student can Login with their Email, Phone or FSA ID Username and Password.
- If a student requires help in Login they can click on “Help me Login My Account” link available in Login Page.
- If a student forgot their username/password they can click on “Forgot my Username” / “Forgot My Password” link available in login page.
RENEW FAFSA APPLICATION
Student can renew application by go simply following steps given below.
- Step 1:
Go to fafsa.gov or visit https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
- Step 2:
Scroll down and Select “Start or Edit a 2023–24 FAFSA Form.”
- Step 3:
Select “I am a student and want to access the 2023–24 FAFSA form” option.
- Step 4:
Then click on the “Log In to Continue” button.
- Step 5:
Log in using your FSA ID (account username and password). You must have an FSA ID to renew your FAFSA form. If you don’t have an FSA ID, you’ll be prompted to create one.
- Step 6:
On the “My FAFSA®” page, if you’re eligible for a FAFSA renewal, select the “Renew my FAFSA Form” button.
- Step 7:
Update any prefilled information that has changed and provide new income and tax information.
- Step 8:
Sign and submit the FAFSA renewal.
DEADLINE FOR 2024-25 FAFSA
Deadline for the FAFSA 2024-25 is given below
- The FAFSA form must be submitted 30th June 2025. Timings according to CT (Central Time) is 11:59 PM
- If any corrections to be made or update the form the deadline will be 14th September 2025 by 11:59 PM
COLLEGE AND CAREER/TRADE SCHOOL DEADLINE
- The deadline could be the date your FAFSA form is processed or the date the school receives your processed FAFSA data.
Each State has its own deadline. Student can visit and get to know more about state deadline by clicking following link.
CONTACT HELP CENTER
If any problem arise or any query or for any information required student can contact the help center. The link is given below:
FAFSA 2024-25 – FAQs
FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
30 June 2025.