The Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship is awarded by the Infosys Foundation to deserving female students who are unable to bear their educational expenses. To support the education of women in STEM disciplines, Infosys offers students an opportunity to receive Rs 1,00,000 for their education. Students enrolled in the first year of any recognized university in any field of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics are eligible for the Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship 2023. Infosys Foundation has invited online applications for AY 2023-24. Eligible students must apply for the scholarship by visiting https://apply.infosys.org portal before January 31, 2024.
- Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship 2023
- Objective of Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship
- Eligibility Criteria for Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship 2023-24
- Steps to Apply for Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship 2023
- Amount of the Infosys Scholarship
- Selection Process for Infosys STEM Scholarship
- Supporting Documents
- Important Links
- FAQs on Infosys STEM scholarship
Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship 2023
Everyone knows how much education is crucial for life. Still, children are not given proper education and are subjected to child labour. This practice is common in many villages. Surprisingly, even in urban areas, it has been seen that children are not given more preference when it comes to making educated human beings who can contribute to the welfare of the country in the future. As India still believes in a patriarchal society, men or boys are sent to school to pursue their goals and careers, whereas girls are considered “property.”
Therefore, Infosys Foundation has launched a new STEM STARS Scholarship. STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Studies reveal that there are fewer students studying in this field. This field of study contributes more in the future. It contributes to boosting economic growth, enhancing innovation, opening diverse career prospects, etc.. A study shows that only 52% of girls are enrolled in STEM courses for their graduation. Only 29% of girls are working in this field. The main reasons behind this are less confidence, monetary instability, not finding much interest in this field, etc. Seeing such lower performance, the Infosys Foundation has come up with this scholarship. It will help those who are to take an undergraduate degree in this field.
|Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship
|Mode of application
|31st January 2024
Objective of Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship
- Increase women’s education:- Women’s education is a big factor of concern in the Indian education system. This scholarship aims to increase the number of women educated.
- Boost STEM education:- This field has a wide scope but is not understood by girl children. They are unaware of its benefits. Therefore, this scholarship will promote the course’s significance.
- Pull up the lower section of society:- As the girls from the backward section are more prone to child marriage and child labour, this scholarship has been launched to provide financial assistance to this group of girls.
Eligibility Criteria for Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship 2023-24
- All girls’ students from all states are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The applicant must be studying in any field related to STEM, such as MBBS, Aeronautic engineering, etc.
- They should be enrolled in any recognized university in the first year in any field of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics.
- They must have passed class 12 from any recognized boards.
- They should be enrolled in any identified college in India.
- They should have a 7 CGPA in the first year of engineering or should have passed all subjects in MBBS.
- Applicant must have a family income of less than 8,00,000 from all sources.
Steps to Apply for Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship 2023
- First, go to Infosys Foundation Scholarship Portal or visit https://apply.infosys.org website.
- Click on “Apply Here”-Button from Homepage.
- Enter username/password, password then login.
- New applicants click on the register button; Enter your name, email then register.
- Upload your photo, then add your Date of birth, phone number, and achievement.
- Provide Current Address ie House Number, Street, Pin Code, City, District, state, etc.
- Upload Identity Proof and Passport Photo then click on Continue button.
- Provide academic details like education type, qualification, school name, board name, year of passing, etc.
- Upload Class XII/X Marksheet and click on Continue button.
- Add parent or guardian details like family income, father/mother name, relationship, mobile number, email ID etc.; Upload Income Proof and Electricity Bill.
- Add institute details like college name, university/board name, degree, year of passing, etc.
- Provide bank details like account holder name, payment method and then upload bank passbook and admission letter, consolidated expenses.
- Re-verify all the information then submit the application form by clicking the submit button.
Amount of the Infosys Scholarship
The selected candidate will be given Rs.1,00,000 per annum to cover their expenses such as college tuition fees, hostel accommodation, food expenses, etc. They can avail themselves of the benefits of this scholarship till their course ends.
- Digital Gujarat Scholarship
- PRIZE Money Scholarship
- Goa Scholarship
- Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship
- CMSS Scholarship
- Ishan Uday Scholarship
- SKDRDP Sujnananidhi Scholarship
Selection Process for Infosys STEM Scholarship
- The candidate will be selected on the basis of merit cum family income. Students with lesser family income have more chances to get this scholarship.
- Students who get good marks on their board exams will be preferred.
- Students who have appeared for the interview process or confidently have attended the interview round have a high chances.
- Students who have filled out the application in a proper manner will get this scholarship.
- A passport size Photograph
- Proof of Identity (Aadhaar card/ voter ID card/driving license/PAN card, any)
- Mark sheet of Class 12
- JEE / CET /NEET score card
- Admission proof of current year
- Family income proof
- Electricity bills of the past 6 months
- Bank account details
- Consolidated expenses
|Login | Register
|List of Colleges
|Click to reset
FAQs on Infosys STEM scholarship
Female students enrolled in 1st year of Engineering and MBBS courses.
Rs 1,00,00 per annum.
31st January 2024.