Ishan Uday is a special scholarship scheme launched and implemented by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in 2014. The aim of this scholarship scheme is to promote higher education among the students residing in the North Eastern Region (NER). Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023-24 is open to students pursuing general degree, technical, and professional degree programs, including medical and paramedical degrees. Every year, 10,000 selected students receive financial support through this scholarship program. Students pursuing general degree and technical, or professional programs are awarded a monthly scholarship of Rs 5400 and Rs 7800, respectively.
Students who meet the eligibility criteria for the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme can apply online on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). For the academic year 2023-24, the online application has started from 3rd October 2023. To fill the application form, applicant has to visit @scholarships.gov.in along with the required documents (mentioned below) and fill the online form by 31st December 2023.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023
To promote higher education and to elevate the gross enrollment ratio (GER) in an India’s undeveloped North-Eastern Region (NER) a creative scheme was set up by collaborative approach of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and University Grants Commission (UGC). This initiative was entitled as ‘Ishan Uday‘, a special scholarship launched to upgrade the quality of education in NER and to support financially weak childrens. First came into existence in 2014, and is providing scholarship to nearly 10000 fresh students per year. Students who are pursuing courses like general degrees, technicals, and professionals either from Colleges, Universities Or Institutes runned or sponsored either by States or Central are entitled to get this scholarship. Students purely of NER origin are the sole beneficiary of this scholarship. To avail Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 the family income must not exceed 4.5 lakhs per annum from all sources. This special scheme is meant for all students irrespective of caste and gender (even transgenders).
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023-24: Overview
|Name of the Scheme||Ishan Uday Special Scholarship|
|Introduced by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Total No. of Scholarship||10,000|
|Amount||Rs 5400 to 7800/per month|
|Last date||31st December 2023|
|Where to apply||scholarships.gov.in|
Eligibility for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023-24
The following are the eligibility requirements for the Ishan Uday Scholarship.
- Applicant must be a resident of the North Eastern Region (Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, and Sikkim).
- Students enrolled in the first year of undergraduate, technical, or professional courses in the academic year 2023, are eligible.
- Applicants must have passed Class 12 or equivalent examination from CBSE, NIOS, or ICSE Board.
- The family income of the student should be less than or equal to Rs. 4.5 lakh from all sources.
- Students admitted through management quota or in open / distance / private universities are not eligible.
Steps to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023
At present, the online application for Ishan Uday Scholarship for the session 2023-24 is being accepted from 3rd October 2023. Those who meet the eligibility criteria for Ishan Uday scholarship scheme and are willing to apply can submit the application form before 31 December 2023 on the National Scholarship Portal. To apply online, applicants must first complete the registration process and then fill out the rest of the application form. We have explained below how you can apply online.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023: Registration
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal, else go to www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Select the New Registration option under the Applicant corner.
- Enter your mobile number then select Get OTP and verify it by entering the OTP.
- Enter the Aadhaar number and verify it by entering the OTP received on the mobile number linked with the Aadhaar number.
- Then enter Scholarship Type (Scholarship scheme/incentive scheme), Scholarship Category, State of domicile, Father/Mother’s Name, and Captcha Code, then click on the Register button.
Ishan Uday login and fill Application Form
Following successful registration, your registration number and password will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Steps to follow:
- Step 1
Now select Click here to login and fill your application form, otherwise go to home page and click on Fresh application.
- Step 2
Enter Application ID/Registration Number, Password, and Captcha Code then click on the login button and update password.
- Step 3
When the dashboard appears, click on the application form; some information will be pre-filled, and you will be required to fill out certain information yourself.
- Step 4
Enter General Information like Single Girl Child (Yes/No), Community or Category, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Day scholar/hosteler, etc.
- Step 5
Enter Academic Details like Select Institute State/District, Enter Institute Name, Present Class/Course Year, Mode of Study, Previous Passing Year, Class 10th/12th Roll Number, Board Name, Year of Passing, etc.
- Step 6
Fill other details such as orphan (yes/no), name of guardian, type of disability, marital status, profession of guardian, bank account number, IFSC code, etc. Then click on the save and continue button.
- Step 7
Provide contact details and scheme details like state, district, taluka/block, house/street number, pin code, etc. Then select the scheme (Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for NER).
- Step 8
Upload documents like, Income Certificate, Marksheet, Annexure IV, Domicile Certificate, Bonafide Certificate, Joining cum Verification Certificate, etc.
- Step 9
After you’ve uploaded all of your documents, re-check the information you’ve entered and click the Final Submit button.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 Merit List
Ishan Uday Scholarship merit list is prepared by the UGC for those who have been selected for the scholarship program. If your name appears on the merit list, it implies you are entitled to receive the scholarship amount via DBT. We’ve outlined below how to check merit list.
- Go to the National Scholarship Portal (scholarships.gov.in).
- Select the Previous Year Application Status option under the Applicant Corner.
- Click on Fresh 2022-23/2023-24.
- Then click on the Scheme Wise Scholarship Sanctioned List.
- Select Academic year, Application Type (Fresh/Renewal), Ministry, State, and District, then enter your Name, Mobile number, and captcha code and click the submit button.
- On the next page, the district and state-wise merit list will open.
- Enter your name and search; if your name appears on the merit list, you’ve been chosen for the scholarship.
Steps to Check Ishan Uday Scholarship Status
After submitting Ishan Uday scholarship application form online, each student’s details and documents are evaluated, then token numbers are generated and funds are transferred to their bank accounts. If you have also applied for this scholarship and wish to know its current status, go to the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and check the application status. To check the status of the application, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: First, visit the National Scholarship Portal, or directly open this link in any browser scholarships.gov.in.
- Step 2: Now click on the Previous Years Application Status.
- Step 3: Select Academic Year, Fresh/Renewal, Enter your Application ID, Password and Captcha Code then click on the Login button.
- Step 4: On the next page, you will be able to check your application and verification status under Current Status.
A total of 10,000 scholars are selected for the Ishaan Uday Scholarship every year. The amount of scholarship received by them will depend on the course they are currently pursuing. Selected students who are pursuing general degree programmes receive Rs 5400 per month, while students pursuing technical/professional studies receive Rs 7800 per month. The scholarship amount is transferred straight to the students’ bank accounts via Direct Benefit Transfer.
Before you proceed with the online application, make sure you have the following documents.
- Domicile Certificate
- Family income Certificate
- Affidavit (Annexure – IV)
- Bank account passbook
- Admission proof (Bonafide Certificate)
- 12th/Diploma/graduation mark sheet
- Joining Cum Verification Certificate
Links for Ishan Uday Scholarship
|Registartion||Ishan Uday application|
|Login and Apply Online||NSP Login|
|Status Check||Application Status|
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 – FAQs
There is no specific percentage for the Ishan Uday Scholarship scheme, however, it is granted to 10,000 students. So, the higher your score, the better your chances of being chosen for the scholarship.
Students from the North Eastern Region enrolled in general degree/technical/professional programmes, as well as those whose household income is less than Rs. 4.5 lakh.
31st December 20923.
Visit AGCNEST’s Home page for more relevant Scholarships