Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana, in other words, KVPY, is a national-level scholarship program run by the Department of Science and Technology. KVPY is an intelligence test conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). Those who want to build a successful career in the field of science research must take the KVPY exam. To apply for the Kishore Vaigyanik Prachar Yojana, you need to register for the KVPY 2023 application on the official website. Once you are selected for this fellowship program, you will get 6000-7000 rupees per month. In the following article, we will discuss how to register for KVPY application 2023, what is the exam pattern, eligibility, syllabus, etc.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a national-level fellowship program for elementary basic science students. It is initiated and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, with the aim of encouraging students to pursue basic science as well as helping students build careers in research science. In this fellowship program, meritorious students are selected through the KVPY examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Science. Students studying in class 11th are required to appear for KVPY SA, class 12th students for KVPY SX, and those studying in UG courses are required to appear for the KVPY SB exam, and the examination is held in the month of November every year.
KVPY 2023 Fellowship Program: Overview
|Name of the Scheme||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)|
|Authority||Department of Science and Technology|
|Eligibility||Students of Science stream|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Amount||Rs 5000-7000 per month|
Eligibility for KVPY Fellowship
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Students who are pursuing academics within the country are eligible for the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana program.
- Applicant must be a student of the science stream.
- Education Qualification
- Stream SA: Those who are studying in Class XI and have secured 75% marks in the Class X board examination are eligible. 65% for SC/ST/PWD students.
- Stream SX: Students who are currently studying in class 12 as well as have scored 75% marks in the 10th board exam are eligible. 65% only for SC / ST and disabled students.
- Stream SB: Who is currently enrolled in the undergraduate course in 1st year and has secured 60% marks in the Class XII board examination.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Exam 2023
The KVPY exam is an online exam in which students of Class XI as well as undergraduate students of basic sciences like B.Sc/B.S/B.Math/B.Stats/Integrated M.Sc are eligible to apply online. The KVPY exam is conducted for three streams, which are:
- Stream SA (for class Xll students.)
- Stream SX (for 12th students.)
- Stream SB is for undergraduate 1st-year students.)
KVPY 2023 – Registration
- Visit the official website of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in).
- Then select the online application option.
- Tick on I agree and select Click here to register.
- Enter the candidate’s name, date of birth, currently studying class, email id, and mobile number.
- Now fill captcha code and click on the register button.
- Then log in with your credentials.
- Fill in the Personal/Contact/Education details then click on Save and Continue button.
- Then upload the documents like photo and signature, and pay the application fee.
- Review all information, then submit the application.
KVPY Fellowship Amount
KVPY is a fellowship program, students who clear the KVPY exam receive the fellowship for their research studies. The program offers scholarships to eligible students up to the pre-PhD level. The amount of fellowship is as follows:
|1st-3rd year B.Sc./ B.S/ B. Stat./ B. Math|
Integrated M.Sc. and M.S
|Rs 5000/per month||Rs 20000/annum|
|4th and 5th year of M.SC or Integrated M.Sc |
M.Sc./ M. Math/ M.Stats.
|Rs 7000/p.m||Rs 28000/p.a|
KVPY Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The KVPY exam is conducted in two stages, the first is the aptitude test and the second is the interview. In the aptitude test, students’ general knowledge of science is reviewed. The mode of the KVPY exam is CBT and the type of question is MCQ. The Aptitude test has two parts viz, part-l and part-ll.
Exam Pattern for Stream SA
|Mathematics||15||5||(15×1) + (5×2) = 25|
|Physics||15||5||(15×1) + (5×2) = 25|
|Chemistry||15||5||(15×1) + (5×2) = 25|
|Biology||15||5||(15×1) + (5×2) = 25|
Exam Pattern for Stream SB/SX
In-Stream SB/SX, candidates can choose from 3 subjects from Part-l, and, they can choose from 2 subjects out of 4 from Part-ll.
|Mathematics||20||10||(20×1) + (10×2) = 40|
|Physics||20||10||(20×1) + (10×2) = 40|
|Chemistry||20||10||(20×1) + (10×2) = 40|
|Biology||20||10||(20×1) + (10×2) = 40|
KVPY Selection Process & Merit List
The selection of the KVPY Fellowship is done in two steps, 1. Aptitude Test., 2. Interview test. The reasoning and analytical ability of the students is evaluated in the aptitude test. Those who secure 75% in this test will be invited for an interview, in which the ability of the students in science research is evaluated. The KVPY Merit List is prepared on the basis of performance in aptitude tests and interviews. This merit list is made from 75% of aptitude tests and 25% of interview performance.
FAQs related to KVPY
KVPY stands for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana.
KVPY’s official website link is www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in.