Medhashree Scholarship (মেধাশ্রী স্কলারশিপ)– On 19 January 2023, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced that she would launch a new scheme for minority students, known as Medhasree Scholarship. Right now some latest updates regarding Medhasree Scholarship 2023 have been issued. The state government will soon launch the official website for the Medhasree Prakalapa for minority OBC students. But for the time being, students can apply online for the Medhasree Scholarship by visiting the Sikshashree Scholarship portal. It has been informed that the OBC community students from V to VIII classes will get Rs 800 per annum under the Medhashree pre-matric scholarship Prakalpa.
West Bengal Medhasree scholarship will be given to OBC students only. If you are a student from the OBC community then surely you can apply for this scholarship. The official notification of this scholarship was released this month which clearly states how much money each student will get, where to apply, and what qualifications are required. We will now present to you one by one what has been mentioned in the notification. Also, we will discuss how you can apply for this scheme.
West Bengal Medhashree Scholarship 2023
Hon’ble Chief Minister of West Bengal Shri Mamata Banerjee recently announced another new scheme on 19th January 2023 named Medhashree Prakalpa otherweise known as medhasree Scholarship. The Chief Minister has announced that the OBC students of the state will get a scholarship of Rs 800 from the government under this scheme. All OBC students from class V to VIII used to get Rs 800 by registering for the NSP scholarship,Now which has been dropped by the central government. In that view, the state government has announced this Medhasree Pre Matric Scholarship only for backward minority students.
Medhashree Scholarship 2023 Details
|Name of the Prakalpa||Medhashree Prakalpa (মেধাশ্রী স্কলারশিপ)|
|Offered By||Government of West Bengal|
|Department||West Bengal Backward Class Welfare Department|
|Type of Scholarship||Medhashree Pre Metric Scholarship|
|Scholarship Given||OBC Students|
|Beneficiary||Students of West Bengal|
|Class||Class V to VIII|
|Mode of Application||Both Online and Offline|
Medhashree Pre metric Scholarship Notification 2023
The Medhasree Prakalpa was announced by Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in January 2023 and it was informed that a detailed notification regarding this scholarship would be issued soon. Official notification of the Medhasree Scholarship has been issued by West Bengal Backward Class Welfare Department on 2nd February. What is mentioned in this notification is,
- All OBC students from classes V to VIII can apply for this scheme.
- The online portal of the Medhasree Pre-Matric Scholarship will be launched very soon.
How to Apply Online for Medhashree Scholarship Application Form? – কিভাবে মেধাশ্রী প্রকল্পে আবেদন করবেন?
You can apply for this scheme from Shikshashree’s official portal. If you have applied for the Shikashree Prakalpa earlier, then using the same user ID and password you can apply for the Medhashree Pre-metric scholarship.
- First, visit the official portal of the Sikshashree Scholarship.
- Now login using username and password.
- When the dashboard opens, click on the All Applicant List.
- Since you are applying for the first time, click on the Fresh application.
- Now fill in your name, father’s name, address, district, block, post office, pin code and date of birth, etc.
- Now fill in the family income certificate, your Aadhaar number, bank name account number, etc. then click on submit.
- Now you have to visit your institute from there you will be given Bangla Education ID and login through that.
- Go back to the dashboard and click on Pending List, and then verify your application.
- Kanyashree Prakalpa 2023
- Banglar Sikhsha Portal Login Process
- Oasis Scholarship 2023
- WB Aikyashree Prakalpa
- Laxmi Bhandar Prakalpa
Medhashree Scholarship Status Check
All the students who have already filled out the application form for West Bengal Medhasree Scholarship need to check their status to know when they will get the money or whether their application has been verified or not. You can check your application status for the Medhasree Scholarship by visiting the official website and logging in. Follow the below procedures for this.
- Visit the official website of Sikshashree Prakalpa.
- Then log in using your user id and password.
- Now click on All Applications from the dashboard.
- Click on your application.
- When the next page opens, you can check status of your application.
West Bengal Medhashree Scholarship Application Form
To apply for this Prakalpa you need to download the medhashree form pdf file for the 2022-23 session. Or you can visit your institute and collect the Medhasree scholarship application form. Fill out the application form and submit it to your institute. After submission, your application will be verified by the institution and sent to the District Magistrate’s office. Then it will be sent for bank verification. After verifying everything, you will receive the scholarship money in your bank account.
WB Medhashree Scholarship Amount List
Eligibility Criteria of Medhashree Scholarship
- Must be a permanent resident of the state.
- OBC students belonging to minority communities can apply for the academic year.
- Students who are studying at any government institution are eligible for this scheme.
- Class V to Class VIII students are eligible for this scheme.
- Only those who are day scholars can apply for this scheme.
- Applicants should have their own bank account.
- A student will get the scholarship for only one class, which means, if the student is in the same class in the next year, he will not get the scholarship in that year.
- The annual income of the student’s family should be 2.5 lakh rupees or less.
- Students must have their family income certificate.
- This scholarship is for permanent residents, students who are studying from any institute outside the state cannot apply for this scholarship.
Documents Required for Medhashree Scholarship
- Students Bank Account
- Caste Certificate
- School Certificate
- Family income Certificate
- Bangla Sikha ID
Official Portal for Medhashree scholarship
FAQs related Medhashree scholarship
A few months ago, the Chief Minister of West Bengal launched a scheme known as Medhasree Prakalpa. Under this, the minority OBC students of the state will receive a scholarship (P Matric Scholarship) which is known as Medhasree Scholarship.
OBC students from West Bengal studying in classes V to VIII are eligible for this scholarship.
Students will be given up to Rs 800.