The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) was established in 2016 by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. It’s a National level scholarship platform where various types of scholarships are awarded to ST/SC/BC/EBC/Minority/Disabled students. All of you who have taken admitted to Class 1-10 (Pre-Matric), Class 11, 12, or Vocational (Post-Matric), Technical and Professional programs (Merit Cum Means) are eligible to apply for the NSP Scholarship Scheme.
The application procedure for the 2022-23 session has ended on the NSP portal, but the online application for the 2023-24 session began on 1st October 2023. The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2023-24 last date varies by scheme and category, however, the deadline for the 2023-24 session is 31st January 2024 (extended). Those who want to apply for the 2023-24 session on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) will need to create a new login as soon as the online application opens at @scholarships.gov.in. We’ll discuss how to register on the National Scholarship Portal, how to check the scholarship status/Merit List, how to track payments, what the eligibility requirements are, and how much allowances are awarded.
- National Scholarship (NSP) 2023-24 Registration, Login, Renewal
- scholarships.gov.in NSP Portal: Overview
- Eligibility criteria for the NSP Scholarship scheme
- Scholarship Scheme Available at NSP Portal
- How to register on the NSP portal?
- NSP Portal Login 2023-24
- NSP Scholarship renewal 2023-24 on scholarships.gov.in
- Steps to Check NSP Scholarship Status
- How to track NSP Payment Status on PFMS portal?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Amount List
- NSP Merit List 2023
- Steps to check NSP Merit List 2023
- How Can I get Bonafide certificate from NSP Portal?
- Documents needed for NSP Scholarship
- scholarships.gov.in Portal Links
- FAQs related to National Scholarship NSP
National Scholarship (NSP) 2023-24 Registration, Login, Renewal
The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a web gateway through which the government provides several types of central initiatives. The NSP scholarship portal is not limited to a single scholarship. The NSP portal offers a range of merit-based scholarships, including Pre-Matric, Post-Matric, Merit-based Means, BEGUM HAZRAT MAHAL NATIONAL Scholarship, UGC/AICTE Scheme, and various State Scholarship Schemes. Although This scholarship is open to all Indian students each scholarship has specific eligibility criteria, nevertheless, that you must meet. Once you’ve applied for a scholarship, you must renew it every year for the duration of the course you’re currently enrolled in. Under this scheme, each student receives a minimum of Rs 10,000 and a maximum of Rs 125,000 per year which is disbursed to their bank accounts via DBT.
scholarships.gov.in NSP Portal: Overview
|Name of Scholarship
|National Scholarship (NSP)
|Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Govt. of India
|Name of portal
|National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
|Mode of application
|Online (Register, Login)
|Type of scholarship
|Pre-Matric, Post-Matric, Merit cum Means
|SC/ST/OBC/Minority and General
|1st October 2023
|January 31, 2024
|Deadline for Institute Verification
|26th February 2024
Eligibility criteria for the NSP Scholarship scheme
- Students must have scored at least 50% marks in the previous year’s final examination.
- Pre-Matric scholarships are awarded to students studying in classes 1 to 10.
- Post-Matric scholarships are available for students studying classes 11, 12 as well as technical and vocational courses.
- Merit Cum Means Scholarships (MCMS) will be awarded to students pursuing professional and technical courses.
- Students availing the benefit of the National scholarship are not eligible to claim any other scholarship of the State/Central Government for the same course.
Scholarship Scheme Available at NSP Portal
The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) provides Pre-Matric, Post-Matric, and Merit Cum Means Scholarships, which are funded by various central and state schemes. which are
- Central government scheme
- State government scheme
- AICTE/UGC schemes
How to register on the NSP portal?
If you are applying for the NSP scholarship for the first time, you must first register as a new applicant. The steps to register on the National Scholarship Portal are as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the NSP Scholarship Portal or else access the link @scholarships.gov.in.
- Step 2: Click on Fresh Application under Applicant Corner.
- Step 3: Now click on New Registration button; Accept the Terms and Continue, then select Continue.
- Step 4: Select I have Aadhaar or Enrollment ID (EID), enter your mobile number and type OTP, fill captcha then click on the Verify button.
- Step 5: Enter the Aadhaar number, fill the OTP you received on the mobile number linked to Aadhaar, type the captcha code, and click on the Verify button.
- Step 6: Once the registration form is opened, provide the following information.
- Scholarship type (Scholarship Scheme/incentive Scheme)
- Scholarship Category (Pre-Matric or Post-Matric/MCM/Top Class)
- State of Domicile
- Father/Mother name
- Email ID
- Step 7: Type the captcha code that displays and click on the Register button.
NSP Portal Login 2023-24
- First, go to the NSP portal (scholarships.gov.in) then select the fresh application option.
- Next, enter the Application ID, password, and captcha, and click on the login option. (Password will be your date of birth, format: DD/MM/YY).
- Verify the OTP sent to the registered mobile number, and set a new password.
- When the dashboard opens, select the application form, and fill it out.
- Fill out General Information like Guardian Name, Annual Income, and choose Community, Day Scholar/Hosteler.
- Fill in the academic details like Institute, Admission/Registration No. Registration Year, Roll No., Present Course, previous Board/University, 10th/12th Roll No., Year of Passing and Marks obtained, etc.
- Fill in additional details like Marital Status, Type of Disability, and Profession of Parent then select Save & Continue.
- Upload documents which are: Photo/Cast/Income/Bonafide Certificate, Admission Fee Receipt, Marksheet, etc.
- Then click on final submit and take a printout of the application, and wait for the verification process.
NSP Scholarship renewal 2023-24 on scholarships.gov.in
Only Students whose scholarship amount has previously been sanctioned or who have an existing application are eligible to renew the National Scholarship application form. After your initial application, you must renew it every year for the duration of the course. Students must login to the National Scholarship Portal, upload the necessary documents, and submit the application form to complete the renewal procedure.
Steps to Check NSP Scholarship Status
When you submit your application, it is evaluated through a variety of processes, including institute verification and district/state nodal officer verification. This applies whether you are applying for the first time or renewing your application for the National Scholarship 2023-24. Therefore you should constantly check the status of your application to find out the current status. We will now show you how to check the current status of your application:
Steps to follow:
- Step 1
Open any browser and go to the NSP scholarship portal otherwise visit this link directly, www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Step 2
Select the Fresh application option under the Applicant Corner.
- Step 3
Enter your application number, password, and captcha code. Click on Login.
- Step 4
When the dashboard opens, look for the Current Status option.
- Step 5
Under the Current Status option, you can check your application status.
How to track NSP Payment Status on PFMS portal?
If you have applied for either a fresh or renewal of the National Scholarship on NSP portal, you need to track payment periodically so that you can know the current payment status. Once the token number has been generated, the scholarship amount will be transferred to your bank account within a few days. However, many of you might be curious about how to check payment status online. Follow the steps below to find out the NSP payment tracking method:
- Step 1: First of all, go to the PFMS official portal or directly visit to: https://pfms.nic.in.
- Step 2: Then select the option Track NSP Payments.
- Step 3: Now, enter Bank Name/Account Number or your NSP Application ID.
- Step 4: After entering the captcha code, press the search button.
- Step 5: On the following page, you can review the NSP scholarship payment details, such as transaction status, amount received, credit date, and so on.
- More Scholarship:
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Amount List
There are various sorts of scholarships available on the National Scholarship Portal (www.scholarships.gov.in), where scholarships are granted to students studying in class 1 to Ph.D. level, therefore the amount of scholarship may vary based on the course they are pursuing. The maximum amount a student can get through the National Scholarship Scheme is displayed below.
|Admission & Tuition Fee
|Admission & Tuition Fee
|Class VI to X Rs. 350+500
|Class VI to X: Rs. 600
|Class VI to X Rs 500+350
|Class I to X: Rs 100
|Class XI & XII: Rs. 7,000/per annum
|Class XI & XII: Rs. 7,000/per annum
|Technical & vocational courses
|Rs 10000/per annum
|Rs. 380/per month
|Rs 10000/per annum
|Rs. 230/per mount
|UG & PG
|Rs 3000/per annum
|Rs 570/per month
|Rs 3000/per annum
|Rs. 300/per month
|M.Phil & Ph.D
|Rs. 7,000/per annum
|Rs. 7,000/per annum
|Rs.550/ per month
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship
|Rs. 20,000/per annum
|Rs. 1,000/per month
|Rs. 20,000/-per annum
|Rs. 500/per month
|BEGUM HAZRAT MAHAL NATIONAL Scheme
|Class IX & X Rs.5000/p.a
|Class XI & XII Rs.5000/p.a
|Class IX & X Rs 75000/p.a
|Class XI & XII Rs.125000/p.a
NSP Merit List 2023
NSP Merit List 2023 is a list of names of students who have applied on the National Scholarship Portal and are eligible to receive financial grants. If you want to know whether or not your name has been registered on this merit list, you must go to the NSP portal and check the merit list.
Steps to check NSP Merit List 2023
Follow the steps below to download and check NSP Merit List (PDF).
- Open any browser, and go to the NSP Portal (https://scholarships.gov.in).
- Select the List of Applicants processed for scholarships option under the Public Corner.
- Now, enter Academic Year, Application Type, Ministry of Department, Scheme, State, District, Your Name and Mobile Number.
- Then type the captcha code, and click the submit button.
- Enter the 5-digit OTP sent to your registered mobile number and click on the Confirm OTP button.
- On the next page, you can check the district/scheme-wise merit list.
How Can I get Bonafide certificate from NSP Portal?
Anyone interested in applying for the National Scholarship scheme for the academic year 2023–2024 should be aware that they must upload a bonafide certificate on the www.scholarships.gov.in portal before submitting their application. The bonafide certificate can be downloaded right from the NSP portal, additionally, we have provided a link to the certificate below; Once you’ve downloaded the certificate, Take the printout and fill it up. After that, login to the NSP portal and upload it. (Format: PDF; Max. Size: 200 KB).
Documents needed for NSP Scholarship
We have listed several documents that you will require while applying online to the National Scholarship Scheme:
- Domicile certificate
- Previous exam academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course
- income certificate
- Bonafide certificate
- Aadhar linked mobile
- Single Bank account
scholarships.gov.in Portal Links
|Apply for scholarship
|NSP Scholarship renewal
You can check payment status on the https://pfms.nic.in portal.
Go to National Scholarship Portal, login using your application id, password, then you can check your application status under the current status menu.
The maximum amount of NSP scholarship is provided solely to those who are selected in the PM Yasaswi entrance test, which is Rs.1,25,000 per annum.
You must complete the biometric authentication process, for this visit your nearest CSC portal with your Aadhaar card and link your Aadhaar through biometric authentication.
You can check the merit list on NSP’s official website www.scholarships.gov.in by entering your academic year, application type, department, scheme, state, district, name, and mobile number.
Last date of application has been extended to January 31, 2024.