NSP Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities is a centrally sponsored initiative launched by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DoEPwD) for specially-abled students. Students enrolled in post-matriculation or post-secondary studies (up to Master’s degree) would be eligible for financial help under this initiative. NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for students with disabilities 2024 is currently open for the academic year 2023-24. Eligible students will have to visit the NSP portal to complete the application process. Selected students would get a monthly allowance of up to Rs 1,600, as well as book allowance, disability allowance, and compulsory non-refundable fee.
- NSP Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023-24
- Overview of NSP Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Eligibility Criteria
- Steps to Apply for Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Benefit or Scholarship amount to different courses
- Disability allowances Amount
- Documents required
NSP Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023-24
NSP Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities has been launched by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DoEPwD) during the financial year 2014-15. The objective of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to students who are specially-abled but has the urge to pursue their future goals and careers. This would motivate the disabled students and they would not feel segregated from the society. The overall annual income of the candidate’s family should not exceed more than Rs. 2.5 Lakhs per annum.
The amount given to the candidates is based on the course they have selected. The scholarship amount ranges from Rs.550 to Rs.750 per month for day scholars. For hostel accommodation, an amount of Rs.900 to Rs.1600 per month. Tuition fee of around 1.50 lakhs is provided per year. Book grant and disability allowances ranges from Rs.2000- Rs.4000 per annum is provided. Students can apply for the scholarship through online mode, the last date of application is 15th January 2024.
Overview of NSP Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
|Name of Scholarship
|Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
|Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
|Scholarship Available on
|National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
|Max Up to Rs 1,600/per month
|Mode of Application
|15th January 2024
|Deadline for Institute Verification
|26 February 2024
- Applicant Should be resident of India.
- Annual income of the applicant’s family member should not cross more than 2.5 Lakhs.
- The applicant must have a disability certificate.
- The applicant must have more than 40% disability certificate which should be certificate by any doctor having proper license.
- 50% of the scholarship is reserved for girls.
- The scholarship recipient will be chosen based on the percentage of students with disabilities if two or more students get the same score. In the improbable case of a second tie, the older candidate will be chosen after taking age into account.
Steps to Apply for Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
The following procedures can be used by eligible students to apply for the scholarship:
- Step 1: First of all go to National Scholarship Portal.
- Step 2: Proceed to ‘Applicant Corner’ and select the ‘New Registration’ link
- Step 3: Enter the necessary registration information. If you have already registered, please sign in using your Application ID, and Password.
- Step 4: Review the information carefully, select the checkbox, and press the “Continue” button.
- Step 5: Enter the OTP, captcha code, and mobile number, then click “Submit.”
- Step 6: To complete the registration process, fill all the required information and click on “Save and Register”.
- Step 7: Select the ‘Fresh Application’ option and enter your application ID and password to log in.
- Step 8: Complete the application by filling out the applicable fields and uploading the required files.
Benefit or Scholarship amount to different courses
As this scholarship offers different prices to different courses, the amount for different courses are as follows:-
|Any post-graduate courses/degree/diploma under recognized UGC/AICTE in any discipline
|Professional courses:- B.Pharma, MBA, Mass Communication, MBBS, Nursing, etc.
|All leading graduate courses such as B.Sc, B.Com, B.A which does not comes under group A and B
|Any post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class 10)” e.g. Senior Secondary Certificate (Class 11 and 12), both general and vocational stream, ITI course, 3-year Diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc
Disability allowances Amount
|Type of Disability
|Amount (per annum)
|Visual Impairment or Intellectual Disabilities
|Any other type of disability
- NSP Scholarship Login, Registration
- Gyan Sadhna Scholarship
- Jindal Scholarship 2024
- Goa Scholarship
- Ishan Uday Scholarship
- Central Sector Scholarship
- Jharkhand E-kalyan Scholarship
- Disability certificate
- 10th report card with good academic score
- Adhaar card
- Pan Card
- Bank passbook
- Age proof certificate
- Annual income certificate
- Fee receipt of the current course
- Photograph of the candidate
- Start Date of Online Application:- 1st October 2023
- Deadline for the Online Application:-15th January 2024
- Last date for Defective Application Verification & Institute Verification: 26 February 2024.
- Verification of DNO/SNO/MNO: 29th February 2024
Terms and Condition
- Candidates who are enrolled in the same educational stage but studying a different subject after passing one level are ineligible.
- Training courses such as the private pilot license course and the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer course are not eligible for the scholarships.
- If it is discovered that a candidate received a scholarship through false statement or any wrong means, the scholarship will be immediately abridged and the money spent for it will be reimbursed at the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India’s discretion. The offending student will be removed from consideration for any scholarship program.
- If the scholar modifies the course of study for which the scholarship was initially awarded, the scholarship will be cancelled.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Rs 1,600 for Hosteller and Rs 750 for Day Scholars.
Applicants must submit their application on National Scholarship Portal.
Online application is open till 15th January 2024.
The deadline for institute level verification is 26th February 2024.