Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited offers ONGC Scholarship to meritorious SC, ST, OBC, and General (EWS) students as part of its CSR initiative. The online application for the ONGC Scholarship for the academic year 2023-24 is now open for a total of 2,000 fresh scholarships. To apply online applicants should visit the scholarship official portal @ongcscholar.org. The last date for online application for the ONGC SCholarship 2023-24 is November 30, 2023. Before proceeding with the online application make sure you check out the eligibility criteria, Steps to apply online, and the deadline for the scholarship.
ONGC Scholarship 2023
ONGC Scholarship is a CSR program of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation that provides financial assistance to deserving students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Those who are enrolled in the first year of undergraduate or postgraduate courses in the academic year 2023 are eligible to apply for the ONGC Scholarship 2023. Every year, the ONGC Foundation awards 2000 scholarships to students from the General (EWS), OBC, and SC/ST categories. Under the ONGC scholarship scheme, eligible students receive Rs 48,000 per annum on a monthly basis of Rs 4,000. This scholarship is distributed among 500 OBC, 500 General, and 1000 SC students, with a 50% scholarship reserved for female students. The scholarship selection process is evaluated on the basis of merit. Online applications for ONGC Scholarship 2023-24 are invited by ONGC Foundation. Applicants can apply online on the ongcscholar.org website from 16th October 2023 to 30th November 2023.
ongcscholar.org Scholarship 2023: Overview
|Name of Scholarship||ONGC Scholarship|
|Provided by||Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited|
|Beneficiaries||Students pursuing Engineering, MBBS, MBS, |
Masters in Geophysics/Geology
|Application Starts||Oct 16, 2023|
|End Date of application||November 30, 2023|
Eligibility for ONGC Scholarship 2023
- Applicant’s age should be 30 years or less as on 16th October 2023.
- The annual family income of the student (GEN/OBC) from all sources should be less than 2 lakhs rupees.
- The scholarship is open to both male/female students who are enrolled in full-time or regular courses.
- Applicant must have secured 60% or more marks in 12th class or graduation.
- In the case of SC/ST students, the annual family income should be equal to or less than Rs 4.5 lakhs.
Steps to Apply for ONGC Scholarship 2023-24
The aim of the ONGC scholarship is to offer monetary support to deserving students pursuing engineering, MBBS, MBA, or masters in geophysics/geology degree. If you meet all the eligibility criteria for the scholarship, you will have to visit the official website and submit the ONGC scholarship application form online. We’ve explained below how you can apply online.
Steps to follow:
- Step 1
First of all, go to the ONGC Scholarship Portal, which can be accessed at www.ongcscholar.org.
- Step 2
After entering the homepage, select Apply Scholarship.
- Step 3
Select the scholarship based on your course and category; for example, if you are a general category student, click on ONGC Scholarship for GEN Category UG/PG 2023-24.
- Step 4
Read all the instructions carefully, download the declaration and undertaking form then check on I agree and click on the APPLY button.
- Step 5
When the application form opens, fill in your Basic information such as the Applicant’s name, Gender, Category, Mobile/Alternate mobile, email ID, Date of Birth, Father or Guardian’s name, Occupation, Annual family income, etc. then click on the Next button.
- Step 6
Then fill in the Address as such, Address line 1, Country, State, City, Pin code, etc. then click on next.
- Step 7
Provide Qualification or Institute Details like Institute Name, Address, State, City, Date of Admission, Board/University Name, Recognized Body, Course Name, Stream, Course Duration, and Academic Type (Semester/Annual).
- Step 8
Enter Class 10/12 Passing Year, School/College, Name of Board, Course Type, Total Marks/CGPA, Marks Obtained/CGPA, etc. and click on Next.
- Step 9
Provide bank details; enter Account holder name, Bank name, Branch name, Address, 9-digit Branch Code, IFSC Code, Account Number, and Account type. Download the Annexure-B form and click the Next button.
- Step 10
Upload required documents like PAN card, Admission receipt, Photo, Cast Certificate, income certificate, Birth certificate, class 12/graduation mark sheet, College ID card, copy of self-undertaking, ECS form, etc.
- Step 11
After verifying all the details, click on the Submit button.
Note: The format of the document must be PDF or image, the size should be less than 200 KB. All the documents must be self-attestation and the mark sheet must be attested by the Head/Principal.
- Central Sector Scholarship (CSS)
- Ishan Uday 2023 Apply
- NSDL Shiksha Sahyog
- Timken Online Application
- Vardhman Foundation Shakun Scholarship
- Tata Capital Pankh Scholarship
- NSP Status check
- PMSS Scheme
Selection Process for ONGC Scholarship 2023
- This scholarship is provided to all categories of students viz., General, SC, ST, and OBC. But the total seats differ according to category, for SC and ST students a total 1000 students will be selected, whereas for General the total number of slots are 500.
- ONGC provides scholarships only to meritorious students pursuing professional degrees Or courses in either in undergraduate like B.Tech, MBBS, or Masters in MBA, Geology, and Geophysics.
- The selection is purely on the basis of total marks obtained in qualifying examinations that is either in standard 12 for MBBS or Engineering courses or in Master courses like Geology, Geophysics, or MBA. The minimum marks must be 60% or 6 CGPA out of 10 per semester.
- In cases where the marks get ties up between or amongst students then their family income is taken into consideration. Students whose total annual family income is lower is finally selected for the scholarships.
- Students belonging to BPL categories will be given more preferences. In case where such candidates are lacking then other categories will be considered for the same.
Amount distributed under ONGC Scholarship
ONGC scholarship is available only for meritorious students belonging to economically backward groups. Under which financial aid is provided to General, OBC, SC, and ST students. This scholarship program provides students with an opportunity to receive an annual grant that helps motivate them. Every year, 2,000 fresh scholarships are distributed to selected students. ONGC provides scholarships of about Rs 48,000 per annum to the selected students to carry out their higher studies.
ONGC Login and upload ECS form
To upload the ECS form, applicants must first login using their acknowledgment number and date of birth. Follow the instructions below.to upload the form.
- Go to the ONGC portal, else visit https://ongcscholar.org.
- Now click on Already Register.
- Select Scholarship then Enter the Acknowledgment Number and Date of Birth, Select Form, and Click on the View Button.
- When the application dashboard opens, go to Upload Documents, then upload the ECS form and submit it.
Students are required to upload scanned copies of the following documents while filling up the online application form.
- Admission proof receipt
- A passport size Photo
- Caste Certificate
- Proof of age (Bate of birth certificate/Admit card of Class 10)
- family income certificate
- class 12/graduation mark sheet
- Declaration from college/institute
- self undertaking
- College id card
- PAN Card (not mandatory)
Links for Scholarship
FAQs related to ONGC Scholarship 2023
The last date for online application for ONGC Scholarship for the academic year 2023-24 is November 30, 2023
Selected students are given a financial grant of Rs.48,000 annually.
Students who have got 60% marks in the class 12 examination and enrolled in Profesional UG courses such as Engineering and MBBS or P.G courses i.e. Geology/Geophysics, MBA are eligible.
Applicant must be 30 years or less as on16th October 2023