PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) is an initiative started in 2006, administered by the Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB), and promoted by Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare (DESW), Ministry of Defence. Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme 2023-24 is open to students who have passed class 12/diploma/graduation with a minimum of 60% marks and are currently enrolled in First Professional Degree Courses. PM Scholarship 2023-24 only applies to students who are dependents/widows of ex-servicemen or ex-Coast Guard personnel. For the academic year 2023-24, online application for PM Scholarship (PMSS) has started from September 1, 2023. To apply, students must access the Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat Portal (https://ksb.gov.in) and fill out the PMSS scholarship application form before November 30, 2023
PM Scholarship Scheme 2023 (PMSS)
PMSS or Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme provides financial assistance to dependant heir/widows of Ex-servicemen/Ex-coast guard or deceased defence personnel for higher professional and technical courses. This scheme which started in 2006 is funded by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). Amount of the Scholarship under this Scheme was Rs. 2000 and 2250 per month for male and female respectively, from 2016. But later it was raised to Rs. 2500 and 3000 per month for boys and girls during the financial year of 2019-2020. The PM Scholarship Amount is directly credited into the account of selected applicants in an annual basis only. Out of all the applicants, a fixed number of 5500 are selected per year, in which the ratio of males and females are equal i.e., 2750 males and 2750 females.
The duration of this Scholarship depends upon the type of courses chosen by the applicants. The courses must be either technical or professional and should be governed by AICTE/UGC. Courses besides these two are not at all entertained and stand non-eligible. Post-graduate courses entitled to receive this Scholarship are MBA and MCA only. PMSS Scholarship Scheme and all its’ related informations, applications, and regulations are supervised by the Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB). Once selected, the applicants can renew their scholarship till the completion of their course.
ksb.gov.in Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS)
|Name of Scholarship||PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS)|
|Initiated By||Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare (DESW)|
|Amount||₹3000 for girls/₹2500 for boys (per month)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application Starts||1st September 2023|
|Last Date||30 November 2023|
|Total No of SCholarship||5500|
|Where to Apply||https://ksb.gov.in|
PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2023 – Registration
- Step 1: First you need to visit the official website of Kendriya Sainik Board or else go to www.ksb.gov.in.
- Step 2: When the homepage is fully loaded, click on the Register button.
- Step 3: Next, upload the Applicant’s Photograph (Format: jpeg/jpg/png; Max Size: 1 MB), Then fill in Part 1 and Part 2.
- Step 4: In Part 1, provide the required information e.g.
- Select a category, then enter First/Middle/Surname, Service number of ESM, ESM ID card, Rank of ESM, Concerned RSB, etc.
- Enter your Date of Birth, Date of Enrollment, Date of Discharge, Father/Husband Name, Email ID, and Mobile Number.
- Step 5: Fill in Part 2 (Enter Contact and Bank Details):
- Enter contact details like House Number, Street Number, Town/Village,/City, State, District, Pin Code, etc.
- Enter the bank details like Account holder name, Bank/Branch name, Account number, and IFSC code, and then select pensioner/non-pensioner according to you.
- Step 6: Type the displayed verification code, then click the submit button.
Note: A username and password will be sent to the registered email address upon successful registration.
PMSS Login and Fill Application Form
Prior to submitting an application for scholarship, applicants must log in and update their passwords. We’ve demonstrated how to complete the application form below:
- Go to the www.ksb.gov.in website, the direct link is given below.
- After that go to the login page, enter your username and password, then type the verification code and click on the login button.
- Once the dashboard opens, click on the New Application option, and select Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme from the drop-down menu.
- Upload your photo, then you need to fill out Part 1/2/3.
- Provide personal details like Name of the student, Aadhar Card No, Date of birth, Marital status, Type of Service of ESM, (Army/Navy/Air Force/Coast Guard), Rank of ESM, Rajya Sainik Board (RSB) and Zila Sainik Board, etc
- Enter the Contact address such as House number, Street number, Town/village/city, Country, State, District, PIN code, Mobile number, email ID, etc.
- Fill in the ESM information like Category, Name of Ex-Serviceman/Coast Guard, Service Number of ESM, PPO Number (optional) then choose Pensioner/non-Pensioner, etc.
- Provide details of previous and current education such as Minimum Qualification (10+2/Diploma/Graduate), Year of Passing, Total Marks, Marks obtained, Percentage of Marks in MEQ (CGPA/others), Name of Current Course, Duration of Course, Date of Commencement of Course by College, etc.
- Fill in the college and bank details like Name and Address of the College, Institute recognized by the Regulatory body/council, Account Holder Name, Bank/Branch Name, IFSC Code, etc.
- Upload scanned documents, list of the documents we have mentioned in the following article.
- Verify all the information, then submit the application by clicking on the Save button. Next, print the application for future reference.
Eligibility for Prime Minister (PM) Scholarship Scheme
- Must have secured a minimum of 60% in 12th class/diploma/graduation exam.
- Only students in their first year of technical or professional courses are eligible.
- Students must be enrolled in a full-time course from an institution/college recognized by AICTE/UGC.
- Students who are dependents of ESM / former Coast Guard personnel or wards of the deceased are eligible.
- Students in their second year are not eligible, with the exception of lateral entry and integrated courses.
- Students studying overseas are not eligible for the Scholarship.
PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) Amount
Every year a total of 5500 scholars are chosen for the PM Scholarships. The number of scholarships is divided evenly between boys and girls. Usually, students are selected for this scholarship based on a merit list. Selected girls receive Rs 3000 per month, while boys receive Rs 2500 per month, at the rate of Rs 36000 and Rs 30000 per annum respectively. This grant is available to students for up to five years (depending on the duration of the course pursued by the student). They must renew the scholarship every year when they enroll in the next semester.
Documents needed for PMSS Scholarship
- A passport photo
- Aadhar Card
- Matriculation Certificate (for proof of DOB)
- Mark sheet of 12th/Diploma/Graduation
- Aadhar seeded Bank account
- Bonafide Certificate
- ESM/Ex-coast guard Personal Certificate attested by ZSB
- Front page of Bank passbook
- Part ll Order/POR, PPO, or ESM Identity Card
- Affidavit/Self Certificate of ESM
Links for PM Scholarship
|Check Status||Application status|
PM Scholarship Scheme 2023 – FAQs
You can apply online for the PM Scholarship Scheme on the website of Kendriya Sainik Board (ksb.gov.in). First registration then Login and fill up the PMSS scholarship form.
Every year, this scholarship is awarded to 5500 scholars (2750 boys and 2750 girls students)
Before the 2016-17 academic year, applications for the PMSS Scholarship scheme were accepted offline but now online applications are accepted on the Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat Portal; so you can.
The last date for submission of application is 30 November 2023.
Visit AGCNEST’s Home page, to know more relevant Scholarships