The Saraswati Dalmia Scholarship is available from the University of London to students pursuing an M.Phil. or Ph.D. program full-time or part-time in the Department of History of Art and Archaeology at the School of Oriental & African Studies (SOAS). Yashodhara Dalmia, the daughter of social worker, poet, and academic Saraswati Dalmia, founded the Saraswati Dalmia Scholarship.
- Saraswati Dalmia Scholarship 2024-25
Saraswati Dalmia Scholarship 2024-25
Saraswati Dalmia’s daughter Yashodhara Dalmia, an independent curator and art historian living in New Delhi, has donated to create this scholarship. Her writings include Amrita Sher-Gil – A Life (Penguin/Viking, 2006), a thorough biography of one of India’s earliest modern painters. She has written extensively about art. The Making of Modern Indian Art: The Progressives, her book published in 2001 by Oxford University Press, is considered the canonical chronicle of a pivotal period in Indian art history. Currently, online application process is ongoing for the Saraswati Dalmia Scholarship for session 2024-25 which is open till February 29, 2024.
Overview of Saraswati Dalmia Scholarship 2024
|Name of Scholarship
|Saraswati Dalmia Scholarship
|School of Oriental & African Studies (SOAS), University of London
|a) MA in History of Art & Archaeology
|One award of UP to £10,355
|29 February 2024 (UK local time)
|May 2024 (tentative)
|+44(0)207 074 5015
Scholarship Deadline for 2024-25
The deadline for Saraswati Dalmia Scholarship is 12 PM (UK local time) on 29 February 2024. The candidate might need to wait for 4-6 week to hear from the authority side. The scholarship form should be submitted after admission is taken in college or university.
A maximum of £10,355 worth of educational opportunities are offered by the SOAS University of London. The scholarship is granted for one year.
Eligibility Criteria for Saraswati Dalmia Scholarship
- Students interested in doing research on Indian art from 1500 to the present day as part of a full-time or part-time MPhil/PhD program.
- Although fresh admissions will be given precedence, applicants who are presently enrolled in the first year of a full-time (or comparable part-time) MPhil/PhD program will be taken into consideration.
- By the time the scholarship selection process begins, new students seeking admission to the MPhil/PhD program must have an offer of admission.
- Through their English test, students must fulfill the college’s English language requirements.
- Applications for the Scholarship program are welcome from applicants in the European Union, India, or outside.
- The scholarship does not cover entire funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals.
- Academic record of the student must be 2.1 or been awarded as Distinction in their Masters Degree.
Online Application Procedure for Saraswati Dalmia Scholarship
The scholarship application process is only possible online, but in order to be considered for the award, applicants must submit their applications to the official website before the deadline. The following is a description of the application process to be followed:
- To apply online, applicants should go to the SOAS University of London website, https://www.soas.ac.uk/study/student-life/finance/scholarships/saraswati-dalmia-scholarship.
- Scroll down and Select “online application form..”
- Choose “PhD” or “M.Phil.” under the program selection.
- Under the Department option category, choose “Department of History of Art and Archaeology.”
- Students in the present program are required to submit two references, at least one of which must come from the supervisor.
- Fill out the data (Personal Details) on the application form to complete it. Additionally, newly applied students must attach their fully completed SOAS University of London university application form.
Applications are assessed for this scholarship based on eligibility, research proposal, and merit. Before a list of recipients is released, the candidates are assessed based on several factors. The following is the selection procedure.
- A selection panel consisting of three academics meets to assess each student’s profile according to how well they passed their qualifying exams.
- The evaluation process will make use of the data included in both the application and the offer letter from the university.
- The applicant’s motivation, level of interest, and level of topic expertise will be evaluated based on their research proposal and statement of purpose.
- University of London,
- Scholarships Officer, Registry,
- SOAS, WC1H 0XG, UK, Thornhaugh Street,
- Russell Square (London), WC1H 0XG, UK
- Email: [email protected]
Saraswati Dalmia Scholarship 2024 – FAQs
Offered by SOAS University of London, UK.
Apply before 29th February 2024.
Applicants will get the benefit of this scholarship only once.