The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India, is promoting high-quality education among disabled students who are pursuing graduate, post-graduate, or diploma programs with the Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities 2023–2024. The primary aim of the scholarship program is to acknowledge and encourage high-quality education for students with disabilities by offering them complete financial assistance.
- Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities 2023-24
- Overview of NSP Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities
- Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships for Top Class Education for SwDs 2023-24
- Steps to Apply for Scholarship
- Benefits of the Scholarship
- Documents Required
- Important date for Scholarship
Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities 2023-24
NSP Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities seeks to acknowledge and encourage high-quality education among students with disabilities (SwDs) by offering complete financial assistance for postgraduate degree or diploma programs in any field at prestigious universities (such as IIT, IIM, NIT, etc.). As designated by the relevant Department or Ministry as institutes of excellence, the program is applicable to all institutions. 160 scholarships are need to be approved annually and will be split among all of India’s states and union territories in accordance with the proportion of PwDs in each area. Each year, female applicants will receive 50% of the total scholarship awards.
Currently, the online application for the scholarship for the Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities for the session 2023-24 has started from 3rd October 2023. Those who wish to apply must submit the application form before 15th January 2024 on the NSP portal.
Overview of NSP Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities
|Scholarships for Top-Class Education for Students With Disabilities (SwDs)
|Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
|Total No. of Scholarship
|Mode of Application
|Up to Rs.2 lakhs annually
|January 15, 2024
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships for Top Class Education for SwDs 2023-24
In order to qualify, a candidate must have:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- A valid certificate proving they are over 40% disabled
- The applicant must be enrolled in graduate, postgraduate, or diploma programs at recognized institutions of excellence in education.
- The family income must be less than INR 9 lakh annually.
Steps to Apply for Scholarship
Applicants can apply for the new/renewal applications through online mode. Follow the steps below to complete the registration and application process.
- Steps 1
First visit National Scholarship Portal (NSP) otherwise click on https://scholarships.gov.in.
- Steps 2
Click on New Registration option to create an account; Otherwise, login using your application ID and password.
- Steps 3
After successful registration you will get an Application ID.
- Steps 4
Select Click here to login now and fill your application form; Otherwise go to home and click on fresh application.
- Steps 5
Click on the application form displayed on the dashboard.
- Steps 6
Enter general information, academic details, other details and contact details correctly then click next.
- Steps 7
Now here is the most important part; Select “Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities” in scheme option.
- Step 8
Upload required documents (mentioned below)
- Step 9
After you have successfully uploaded, please check the information you have entered and click on the final submit button.
Benefits of the Scholarship
Under this program, 300 scholarships in total will be awarded. The following advantages will be granted to the chosen candidates:
- Reimbursement of Non-refundable Charges and Tuition To be made out to the Institute: Up to INR 2 lakh annually (depending on the actual amount)
- Payment of Upfront Costs for the Acquisition of a Computer and Accessories: INR 30,000 (one-time award.
- Aids and assistive device purchasing costs are reimbursed up to INR 30,000 (one-time award).
- Monthly Maintenance Allowance: INR 3,000 for hosts
- Monthly maintenance allowance of INR 1,500 for day scholars
- Stationery and Books: INR 5,000 annually
- Special Allowances: INR 2,000 per month (connected to specific forms of disability, such as reader allowance, assistance allowance, etc.)
Among the tools and assistive technology could be
For those with low vision or blindness
- Braille/Braille Typewriter
- a laptop equipped with software for reading screens
- a laptop with software for screen magnification
- Talk apps for accessibility on mobile devices
- DAISY player and recorder
For those with hearing impaired
- a digitally programmable binaural hearing aid with button cell functionality
- Cell phone with SIM card for SMS
- laptop equipped with Bluetooth and WiFi
- Disability Scholarship
- Digital Gujarat Scholarship 2023
- MP Khiladi Protsahan Yojana
- Labor card scholarship 2023
- Punjab Scholarship
- Lic HFL Scholarship 2024
- CMSS Scholarship 2023
- Photograph of the candidate
- Academic performance certificate
- Receipt for the current academic year’s fees
- Certificate of age proof
- The family’s income certificate
- Details of a bank account
- Certificate of Disability
Important date for Scholarship
|Start date of application
|October 1, 2023
|Last date of application
|January 15, 2024
|Defective Application Verification Last Date
|February 26, 2024
|Last date for Institute Verification
|February 26, 2024
|February 29, 2024
FAQs on NSP Scholarships for Top Class Education for SwDs
Students who have a disability level above 40% and are enrolled in an undergraduate, postgraduate or diploma program in a recognized institution in India are eligible.
January 15, 2024.
To promote quality education the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities launches a scholarship scheme namely “Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities”.
To check status applicants should visit national scholarship portal, and then login using their Application ID and Password.