Sitaram Jindal Scholarship is considered to be a very beneficial scholarship program sponsored by an organization named Sitaram Jindal Foundation. This scholarship scheme is open to students who have completed the SSLC/HSC. The grant of Sr Jindal scholarship is awarded to students studying from class 11 up to Ph.D. level. You can get a maximum of Rs 1500 per month by applying once in this scholarship scheme. Applications for Sitaram Jindal Scholarship 2023-24 session are currently open. In the following article, we will go through how to fill out the Sitaram Jindal Scholarship form, where to download the application form, and what the eligibility requirements are.
Sitaram Jindal Scholarship 2023
Sitaram Jindal Scholarship is sponsored by the Jindal Foundation, a charitable trust located in Bengaluru. It is a merit-cum-means scholarship means students of professional courses such as medical and engineering are also eligible for this scholarship. The objective of this scholarship scheme is to provide financial assistance to poor families or those who are deprived of education due to financial constraints and to motivate them to pursue higher education.
Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/General/Minority communities can apply for this scholarship scheme. Also, recipients of any other scholarship are also eligible for the Sitaram Jindal Scholarship. Most importantly, there is no set deadline or time restriction for applying to the Sitaram Jindal Scholarship, so you can apply at any time.
Sr Jindal Scholarship Scheme: Overview
|Name of the scholarship||Sitaram Jindal Scholarship|
|Provided by||Sitaram Jindal Foundation|
|Amount||Up to Rs 3200 per month|
|Income Limit||Rs 2.5 to 4.5 Lakhs Annually|
|Last date||31st December 2023|
How to apply Sitaram Jindal Scholarship 2023-24 Application Form?
You can’t apply online for Sitaram Jindal Scholarship 2023. Students can apply for this scholarship only through the offline process. First, you need to download the Jindal scholarship form online. The steps for downloading the PDF form and filling out the application form are as follows:
- Step 1
Visit the official website of Sitaram Jindal Scholarship, alternatively, visit the portal www.sitaramjindalfoundation.org.
- Step 2
Now select the Apply for Scholarship option.
- Step 3
Next, click on Download Application & Annexures.
- Step 4
Once the application form is open, download it as PDF, then take out the printout.
- Step 5
Fill out the application form with your name, date of birth, mobile number, email id, father’s name, address, etc.
- Step 6
Then get the necessary documents attached by the Head/Principal of the institution.
- Step 7
Then attach the application form with the documents and send it to the following address by post.
Eligibility Criteria for Sitaram Jindal Scholarship 2023-24
Sitaram Jindal Scholarship is a private scholarship so students can apply for this scholarship in addition to applying to state / central government scholarship schemes. But before applying, there are some eligibility criteria that you should know.
- Applicants must be a citizen of India.
- Students must be under 30 years of age.
- The annual income limit for employment should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakhs and for others Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
- Students with a course duration of 1 year or less are not eligible.
- Students must be currently studying in class 11th or 12th.
- For the state of Karnataka, boys must have scored at least 70% and girls must have scored 65% in the last examination.
- For West Bengal students, 65% marks are required in the case of boys and 60% marks in the case of girls in the previous examination.
- Students must be studying in ITI course from any government / private ITI institute.
- In case of male students, he must have secured 45% in previous examinations and in case of girls, she must have got 35% in the last exam.
Both undergraduate and postgraduate students fall under category C so the eligibility criteria for them are as follows:
- The student must be enrolled in the first year of the graduation course.
- Students are eligible for the scholarship for the first three years of their course duration.
- Other States: Boys must have secured 55% marks in the previous examination and 50% marks for girls.
- Karnataka: Male students must have secured a minimum of 65% marks in the previous exam and 60% marks for girls.
- West Bengal: Boys must have scored 65% and girls must have secured 60% marks in the last examination.
Post Graduation Courses:
- Students must be enrolled in PG courses.
- for Karnataka state, the eligible marks for boys are 65% and 60% for girls, and for the other states, the qualifying marks are 60% for boys and 55% for girls.
- He/she must be enrolled in Diploma courses.
- In the previous year’s examination, boys should have scored 55% and girls should have got 50% marks.
- Must be currently studying in engineering or medical courses.
- He/She must have secured a minimum of 65% marks (for boys) and 60% (for girls) in the previous examination.
Sitaram Jindal Scholarship Amount and Rewards
The amount of the Sitaram Jindal Scholarship is distributed to the students on a monthly basis. By applying for this scholarship, students get a minimum of Rs 500 to a maximum of Rs 3200 per month. if you want to find out more about the Sr Jindal scholarship amount, Check out the following table:
|Category A||11th and 12th||Boys: Rs 500|
|Girls: Rs 700|
|Category B||Govt. ITIs||Rs 500|
|Private ITIs||Rs 700|
|Category Ci) Graduate Course||B.A., B.Com, B.Sc., BFA, BCA, BBA, BBM,B.Sc.||Boys: Rs 1100|
|Girls: Rs 1400|
|Physically Challenged||Rs 1400|
|Widows & Ex-servicemen||Rs 1500|
|Category Cii) PG Course||M.A., M.Phil, M.Com, M.Lib (Science), MBA, M.S.c||Boys:Rs 1500|
|Girls: Rs 1800|
|Handicap Students||Rs 1800|
|Widows & Ex-servicemen||Rs 1800|
|Category D||Diploma Courses (all streams)||Boys: Rs 1000|
|Girls: Rs 1200|
|Category E||Engineering||Boys: Rs 2000|
|Girls: Rs 2300|
|Medicine Courses||Boys: Rs 2500|
|Girls: Rs 3000|
|PG Courses Engineering & Medicine||Boys: Rs 2800|
|Girls: Rs 3200|
|Hostellers||ITI/Diploma/PG Courses||Rs 1200|
|Medical & Engg||Rs 1800|
Address: Tumkur Rd, Jindal Nagar, Maruti Layout, Aanchepalya Village, Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Pin: 560 073
Sitaram Jindal Scholarship – Other key details
- Students are only required to apply for the scholarship once during the course or semester; there is no need to renew the application.
- Scholarships will be awarded to the students who are enrolled in government-aided as well as private institutions.
- During the course, students will only receive scholarships for the first 3 years. If their course lasts 4/5 years, they will not be eligible for the scholarship in the final or pre-final year.
- Students with a course duration of 1 year or less are not eligible.
- Age of the applicant should be less than 30 years.
Documents needed for Sr Jindal scholarship
While submitting the SR Jindal Scholarship application form, you will need to submit a few documents as well. The list of important documents is as follows:
- Photo Copy of Last Passed Examination
- Photocopy of SSLC/HSC/Previous exam Mark sheet
- Proof of Date of birth (SSLC admit card, Aadhar card, or any)
- Family income certificate (not more than 4 years from the time of issue)
- Annual fees receipt
- Certificate for admission under merit quota
- Certificate from hostel warden (for hostellers)
- Disability certificate for physically challenged students.
- PRO/Ex-Serviceman I-Card for Windows & ex-serviceman
Important links for Sr Jindal Scholarship
|Apply for Scholarship||Apply Now|
|PDF Application||Application form|
FAQs related to Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
The link to the official website is www.sitaramjindalfoundation.org.
There is no last date or time limit to apply for this scholarship but you have to apply before the end of the session i.e. 31.12.2023
You can fill out the application form through offline mode.