The Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means (SVMCM) Scholarship is regarded as a very beneficial and successful initiative launched by the Govt. West Bengal. Under this scholarship program, the state government provides financial assistance to students who are unable to afford their education and encourages them to pursue higher education. Every year, the application process for this scholarship begins in July/August month on the SVMCM 4.0 portal. This year many dedicated and deserving students were eagerly waiting for the SVMCM 2023-24 application process.
The online application for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship for the academic year 2023-24 opened on July 12, 2023, the last date for which is 31st March 2024. Applicants will now be able to complete the registration and renewal application on the portal svmcm.wbhed.gov.in. Once they have submitted their application, they should check the application status from time to time; we have explained below how you can track the application status.
- SVMCM Scholarship 2023-24 Status Check
- SVMCM Scholarship 2023-24: Overview
- How to Check Status Of SVMCM Scholarship?
- Online Application Process for SVMCM Scholarship
- How to apply for SVMCM Scholarship?
- SVMCM (V4.0) 2023 – Registration
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Login and Apply at svmcm.wbhed.gov.in
- SVMCM Scholarship Renewal process
- SVMCM Scholarship Amount
- svmcm.wbhed.gov.in Links
SVMCM Scholarship 2023-24 Status Check
The Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means (SVMCM) Scholarship is one of the successful initiatives implemented by the Government of West Bengal. The scheme was approved by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and started in 2016, with the goal of providing financial aid to underprivileged students. Candidates pursuing 11th, 12th, UG, PG, and even professional courses are eligible for this scholarship Under this scheme students receive a minimum of Rs 12,000 and a maximum of Rs 60,000 per year. Since the Government of West Bengal has introduced the SVMCM Merit cum Means Scholarship this scholarship is only available to students resident of West Bengal, who have cleared the Madhyamik or Higher Secondary Examination with a minimum of 60% marks.
SVMCM Scholarship 2023-24: Overview
|Name of Scholarship
|Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM)
|Govt. of West Bengal
|Department of Higher Education, Govt. West Bengal
|in the year 2016
|Open for 2023-24 session
|Name of the Portal
|Rs 12000-60000 per annum
|31st March 2024 (expected)
How to Check Status Of SVMCM Scholarship?
It is important to Check the status of the SVMCM scholarship for each applicant. If you have applied for the Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship Fresh/Renewal Application and now wondering when you would receive the scholarship money. Additionally, the only way to know whether your application has been verified or rejected is to check the status. After applying for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, you should keep track of your application and payment status. Follow the instructions below:
Steps to follow:
- Step 1
Visit the official portal of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, otherwise visit www.svmcm.wbhed.gov.in.
- Step 2
Now select the Applicant login option and go to the login page.
- Step 3
Enter your Application ID, and password, enter the captcha code that appears then click on the Login button.
- Step 4
When the dashboard is open, take notice of the status in the Activity menu; if “Application Submitted” appears here, it signifies the application has been verified.
- Step 5
Select the Track Application option to know more about the status.
- Step 6
On the next page, you will be able to check the various statuses of the scholarship i.e. payment status and remarks.
Online Application Process for SVMCM Scholarship
The Government of West Bengal has sponsored numerous scholarships for meritorious students, one of which is the SVMCM Scholarship. Students who apply for the SVMCM scholarship receive financial grants from the state government. Online registration for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is accepted on the SVMCM (V4.0) portal, however, minority students need to visit www.wbmdfcscholarship.org for a fresh or renewal application. We have discussed the step-by-step process of how you can apply online for the Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship. To apply online, simply follow the steps outlined below.
How to apply for SVMCM Scholarship?
Online application for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship for the session 2023-24 has started on 12.07.2023. If you make any minor mistake when applying for the SVMCM scholarship, you might encounter difficulties receiving this scholarship amount later. So, when filling out the form, make sure you read all of the information correctly. The following are the steps you must follow when applying online:
- Applicant Registration
- Login on SVMCM V4.0
- Applicant Form Fill Up
- Upload Documents
- Submit Application
- Keep an eye on the status
SVMCM (V4.0) 2023 – Registration
The online registration form for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is available only at SVMCM (V4.0) portal. Those who are going to apply for this scholarship for the first time will have to make a fresh application/registration. You need to follow the steps below to complete the registration:
- First of all, visit the official SVMCM (V4.0) portal for online registration.
- Then select the “How To Apply” option, and click on “Proceed for Registration”.
- Then select “Apply for Fresh Registration” according to your Registration Category.
- Now enter some information, such as Name of Qualifying Public Exam, Board/Council/College/University Name, Year of Qualifying Exam, Class 10th Roll No, Total Marks Obtained, etc.
- Then enter the Present Course of Study ie Name of Institute, District, and Subdivision. Name of Present Course, Duration of Course, Date of Admission, etc.
- Now enter your basic details like full name, mobile number, and email id, then set a password and click on the register button.
- Type the OTP received on the registered mobile number and click on the verify button.
- After successful registration, note down your application ID and also download the registration slip for reference.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Login and Apply at svmcm.wbhed.gov.in
After completing the registration process, you will be given an application ID you must use that ID to log in. After that, you need to finish all the pending steps from the dashboard. Login to the SVMCM 4.0 portal and follow the steps below to complete the rest of the steps:
- Visit the Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship Portal.
- Then select applicant login and enter your application ID, password, and captcha code then login.
- Once the dashboard opens, go to Applicant Details and select the Edit Application option.
- You will see all the information you provided earlier, if any information is wrong correct it otherwise skip it.
- Upload your photo, and signature (Format: jpg/jpeg, Size: 20 KB – 50 KB), now click on Save and Continue button.
- Enter personal details like father/mother’s name, parent’s occupation, date of birth, and Aadhaar number.
- Enter Present Address ie House/Street Number, Town/Village/District/Pin Code/State and Annual Family Income, etc.
- Enter the Bank Details ie Bank Name, Branch Name, IFSC/MICR code then Save & Continue.
- Upload documents like Madhyamik/Last Exam Marksheet, Admission Receipt, Scan Copy of Bank Passbook, Domicile/Income/Cost Certificate, then select Save & Continue.
- Verify all the information once, and click on Submit Application.
SVMCM Scholarship Renewal process
The Renewal application for SVMCM i. e. Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for the session 2023-24 has already started. Only those who have previously applied for this scholarship will be able to renew their SVMCM application. Follow the steps below to find out how to renew the application and what documents are needed:
- First, go to the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 4.0 portal i.e. www.svmcm.wbhed.gov.in.
- Now go to applicant login and log in by entering your Application ID, and Password.
- Once the dashboard opens, go to Application Details and select the “Edit Renewal Application” option.
- Now enter Bengalar Shikkha ID, Ration Card Number in Aadhaar Details.
- Those who want to change bank details enter new bank details otherwise skip this option.
- Now enter the Qualifying Exam details like the Year of Last Qualifying Exam, Institute Name, Total Marks obtained, etc.
- Then fill Present Course of Study & Institute Details like Name of Present Course, Date of Admission, Present Year of Study, Institute District/Sub-Division, etc. Then click on Save & Continue.
- Now upload the documents like the Marksheet of the Last Examination, Admission Receipt, etc.
- Then click on the submit application button and keep tracking the application status.
SVMCM Scholarship Amount
Those who apply for the SVMCM scholarship are awarded scholarships by the Government of West Bengal for future studies. The amount of Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship is distributed expressly based on their college expenses, they receive an amount from this scholarship as per their course fees. Students usually receive an annual stipend ranging from Rs 12,000 to Rs 60,000. In the table below we have displayed the SVMCM scholarship amount for all courses as well as UG, and PG courses, and how much you will get if you apply for this scholarship.
|HS & D.El.Ed
|UG (ARTS, COMMERCE)
|PG (ARTS, COMMERCE)
|PG (Science, Professional, UGC)
|DTE & T
|UG (MEDICAL) & DIPLOMA Courses
|Engineering & Other Professional Courses
Online application for the 2023-24 session has only started which may continue till the month of March 2024, the last date has not been announced yet.
The helpline number is 1800-1028014.
You need to Visit the SVMCM 4.0 portal (https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/) to check the application status.
If the student is not enrolled in a course, they are eligible. However, the reason for the dropout must be justified. For health reasons, they must submit a medical report outlining the cause of the gap in years.