On this page, we have displayed the complete details regarding Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship eligibility, renewal process, opening date, last date, SVMCM status check process, and amount list,
One of the most popular schemes offered by the government of West Bengal is the SVMCM Merit Cum Means Scholarship otherwise known as Bikash Bhavan Scholarship. Anybody who is currently pursuing a degree either in secondary, senior secondary, or a UG, PG, M. Phil, Ph. D, Polytechnic, or medical courses can apply for this scholarship.
The amount of scholarship is usually provided to students on the basis of the course they are going through. According to the scheme, students usually receive from 1000 to 5000 rupees per month in their bank account.
In today’s article, we’ll take a closer look at the Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means or Bikash Bhavan Scholarship. We will also discuss with you in detail who could receive this scholarship and how much percentage of marks are needed to apply for this scholarship. We will also discuss in detail step by step, how to apply for this scholarship online.
Swami Vivekananda SVMCM Scholarship
There are many dedicated and deserving students in our state who aim for higher studies, but due to lack of financial support, most of these students have to drop out from their institutions and take responsibility for their families. All of these students are deprived from education just due to lack of some money. So, with the help of this Swami Vivekananda scholarship, all these financially weak and deserving students could receive financial support so that they are not deprived from their education.
Students studying in secondary, higher secondary, or even graduation receive a minimum of 1000 rupees per month and a maximum of 5000 rupees per month through this scholarship. The scholarship was introduced by the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal. Those who have qualified secondary and higher secondary education with grades of 60% can apply for this scholarship.
Overview of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
|Name Of The scholarship||Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship|
|Issued Authority||Government Of West Bengal|
|Department||Department of Higher Education, West Bengal|
|Beneficiary||Students Of West Bengal|
|Portal Name||SVMCM (v4.0)|
|Benefits||Financial aid for studies|
|Scholarship 2022-23 opening date||17.8.2022|
|Last Date||Not Announced Yet|
|SVMCM Helpline number||800-102-8014|
SVMCM Scholarship Details 2022-23
Those who have applied for the SVMCM scholarship during the 2022-23 session, they must have received the money in their bank accounts a few months ago, and many of you also might have filled in the renewal form, the application for this scholarship has just started and will continue for at least three to four month so the last date has not been announced yet.
Those who have renewed will certainly receive the scholarship money. But what about those who couldn’t renew their scholarship form? An important update regarding to the SVMCM scholarship was recently released. Those who have not been able to renew will now have the option to resubmit the renewal form.
What is the main purpose of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
The main purpose of introducing the Swami Vivekanandascholarship is to provide financial support to dedicated and deserving students in the state of West Bengal. And this scholarship has proved to be a very helpful and successful initiative from the government of West Bengal. The state government provides financial assistance to students in West Bengal who are unable to pay their education fees for pursuing higher education.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Eligibility Criteria For Applicants
The SVMCM scholarship was originally introduced for economically weak students. All such students can enjoy the benefits of this scholarship from grade 12 to post-graduation. But there are also some important eligibility criteria that are,
- Only those whose household income is less than 2.5 lakh rupees per annum can apply for this scholarship. Those whose household incomes are higher than this income cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Students in grades 10+2, undergraduate, post-graduate, engineering, medical and technical are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Only students of West Bengal can apply for this Swami Vivekananda scholarship. If you study outside West Bengal, you are not eligible for this scholarship.
- To apply for the scholarship, you must have at least 60% marks.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship amount list
We have described in the table below how much money a student will get. Let us make it clear that the students applying for this scholarship will get a minimum of Rs.1000 per month and a maximum of Rs.5000 per month. This means that each student can get 12000 to 60000 rupees per year.
|Current Courses||Amounts Per. Month|
|HS, UG (Arts, Commerce)||1000 RS|
|UG (Professional Courses)||1500 RS|
|UG (Science)||1500 RS|
|PG (Arts, Commerce)||2000 RS|
|PG (Professional Courses)||2500 RS|
|NON NET M.PHIL/ PhD,NET LS PhD||5000 & 8000 RS|
|UG Engineering, PG Engineering||5000 RS|
|Professional Courses (AICTE)||5000 RS|
|UG (Medical)||5000 RS|
Important Documents for this Scholarship
Some of the necessary documents required for applying for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship online are:
- Passport-size photograph.
- Marksheet of Matriculation examination.
- Domicile certificate
- Marksheet of Last Board / University / College Examination.
- Admission Receipt (Full Amount Details at the time of admission).
- Family Income Certificate.
- Address Proof Certificate, Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, Residential Certificate.
- Beneficiary bank account number.
These are the important documents you would need when you are going to apply for the SVMCM scholarship.
Steps for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship apply
- Student Registration
- Student Login
- Online Application
- Upload Documents
- Review Application
- Final Submission
How to apply For SVMCM Scholarship and Check Status?
f you want to apply or renew the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, you must go it’s the official website. Whatever you would need to do before applying for the SVMCM scholarship are,
- First of all, you have to visit the official website, if you want to apply for a new scholarship then you have to click on registration.
- Then when the registration page opens, click on “I agree” and then click on “Proceed to Registration”.
- Then you have to select the registration category. You will select the category according to your course here.
- Then you have to select the Last Eligible Qualifying Board / University. Here you will submit the course name, board name, year of pass out, and class ten qualification details.
- Then you have to fill out the form with current course details.
- In this step, candidates have to create their full name, mobile number, e-mail id, and new password and click on the registration button.
Then you have to enter your OTP which will be received in the registered mobile number and then click on verify after all these your registration processes will be completed.
Steps to follow after registration Process and SVMCM renewal
Once the registration is complete you will get the application ID. You need to log in by entering the application ID and password.
As soon as the registration is successful, you will see all your entered information in the SVMMC portal. Now you need to upload your documents and upload other details.
- To do this, you need to click on Edit Profile and then upload your photo and signature, after it click on save and continue.
- The next step is to fill in the form with details such as your father’s name, your mother’s name, and your current address.
- Once all of this is done, you must provide one of your bank details. Your scholarship amount will be transferred to this bank account.
- After providing the bank details, you must upload the secondary mark sheet, admission slip, bank account front page, and income certificate, and click Save and Continue.
- And finally, the application must be finalized and a PDF file of the application has to be saved.
This is how you can complete the online form for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship. If you have any problems regarding filling out your form, don’t hesitate to comment and we’ll help you.
|Registration||SVMCM Online Application|
FAQ related to Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
The last date for the renewal of the SVMCM scholarship has not been announced yet, online application has open now. Those who couldn’t renew the application can do so this time.
Students applying for this scholarship will receive a minimum of 1000 rupees per month up to a maximum of 5000 rupees per month. The amount of money depends on the course you are studying.
Those who study under the West Bengal Board and obtained at least 60% marks on the last exam can apply for this Swami Vivekananda scholarship.
One of the Scholarships offered by the Higher Education Department of West Bengal is Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship also known as Vikas Bhavan Scholarship. This scholarship is awarded to those who are currently pursuing a degree in secondary, higher secondary, or technical or professional courses.
Disclaimer: Our website never claims that all the information present here is 100% correct, we have collected the information from the official portal. So if you have any queries you can check the official website of the SVMCM portal (svmcm.wbhed.gov.in) to find proper solutions.