UP Scholarship is a state-level initiative launched by the Government of Uttar Pradesh to aid students who want to pursue higher education. UP Scholarship 2023-24 is open to students from the SC/ST/OBC/Minorities as well as the general category. Through the Scholarship and Fee Reimbursement Online System Portal, the government provides Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships to qualified students. For the academic year 2023–2024, the UP Government has invited online applications for UP Scholarship. Students can access the UP Scholarship 2023-24 online form by visiting the official website www.scholarship.up.gov.in from September 15, 2023 to December 31, 2023.
UP Scholarship 2023-24 Status Check, Apply Online, Registration
The State Government of Uttar Pradesh (U.P.) is paving the light to education through various scholarships primarily meant for those students who get deprived from education just for few money. The Uttar Pradesh government through it’s “Scholarship and Fee Reimbursement Online System” portal is providing scholarships to various institutes right from school to universities. this scholarship is meant for students who lack behind in education due to financial instability. UP Scholarship 2023-24 is provided irrespective of any cast and gender barrier to thousands of students per year across the State. Mainly there are four types of scholarships which are being disbursed through this online platform into the account of the selected applicants. These includes UP Pre-matric scholarship, Post-matric Intermediate scholarship, Post-matric other than Intermediate scholarship, and Post-matric other State to monitor such a large number of scholarship.
Total three Welfare Department under the U.P. govt regulates and monitor these 4 types of scholarships. They not only disburse the fund but also to redressal the grievances posted by many candidates. The Social Welfare Department monitors the funds allocated for ST, SC, and general category for all the 4 types of scholarship. The Backward Class Welfare Department monitors the funds for other backward classes. It disburses funds only for the first 3 types of scholarships. And lastly, the Minority Welfare Department monitors the fund for minority communities and also disburse funds for first 3 types of scholarships.
scholarship.up.gov.in 2023-24: Overview
|Name of Scholarship||UP Scholarship|
|Offered by||Govt. of Uttar Pradesh|
|Last Date||31st December 2023|
|Status of application||Ongoing|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Portal||Scholarship and Fee Reimbursement Online System|
UP Scholarship Types
UP Scholarship is primarily offered by the Uttar Pradesh government to students who fall under the ST, SC, Minority, OBC, and General categories. This Scholarship offers four types of scholarships including the following:
- Pre-Matric Scholarship
- Post-Matric Intermediate Scholarship
- Post Matric Other Than Intermediate
- Post Matric Other State (outside the State)
UP Scholarship Important Dates
|Application Starts||15 September 2023|
|Last date for Pre-Matric Scholarship||December 8th, 2023|
|Last date for Post-Matric Scholarship||December 31, 2023|
|Correction in application||31 January 2024 to 2nd February 2024|
|Submission of application with hard copy||25th September to January 8, 2024|
|Disbursement of amount||15 March 2024|
Eligibility Criteria for UP Scholarship 2023-24
Before applying for the UP Scholarship 2023-24, please ensure that you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- UP Pre-Matric Scholarship (for SC / ST / OBC / General) is applicable for students studying in Class 9 and 10.
- Post Matric Intermediate Scholarship (for SC / ST / OBC / General) is applicable for students studying in classes 11 and 12.
- Post Matric Other Than Intermediate is open to students pursuing UG / PG / Professional courses.
- Post Matric other states are only open to students who are residents of the state of UP but are studying outside the state.
- Students applying for post-matric scholarships must have a yearly household income of Rs 1 lakh or less.
- For general/minority/OBC and SC/ST students, the annual income should not exceed Rs 2.00 lakhs and Rs 2.5 lakhs, respectively.
- Students must maintain a minimum of 75% academic attendance.
How to Check Status Of UP Scholarship 2023-24?
Applicants who have applied for the UP Scholarship 2023-24, whether fresh or renewal, should check the status of their application. Their applications are frequently rejected due to errors in academic, personal, or banking information. They can validate whether or not their application has been verified by checking the status. The status check also assists them in determining when they will get the scholarship amount. To verify the status of your UP scholarship for the academic year 2023-24, follow the procedures below:
Steps to follow:
- Step 1
First of all, go to to the Uttar Pradesh Scholarship and Fee Reimbursement Online System Portal, or alternatively, visit www.scholarship.up.gov.in
- Step 2
Next, from the homepage, navigate to the Student menu and select either Fresh Login or Renewal Login (for which you have applied).
- Step 3
Now enter your Registration Number, Password, Date of Birth, and type the captcha code; Then click on the submit button.
- Step 4
When the dashboard appears, select the Check Current Status from the left side menu.
- Step 5
When the dashboard opens, select the Check Current Status option from the left side option.
On the next page, you’ll be able to check the current status of your application.
How to apply online for UP Scholarship 2023-24?
The Uttar Pradesh government has opened the application portal for the UP Scholarship for the academic year 2023-24. The online application process for pre-matric and post-matric scholarships began on September 15, 2023. To apply for the scholarship online, students must follow the processes outlined below:
- Fresh Registration
- Apply for application form
- Upload documents
- income/Aadhar Authentication
- Lock application
- Submit hard copy to the institute
Steps For UP Scholarship Registration Online
- Step 1: Visit UP Scholarship’s official website; www.scholarship.up.gov.in.
- Step 2: Then, from the student drop-down menu, select registration.
- Step 3: Then select Premetric/Postmetric/Intermediate (Fresh) option (according to your category).
- Step 4: Now choose the district/institute/category and then enter the applicant’s name, mobile number, passing year, board name, roll number, etc.
- Step 5: After that set a New Password; and click on Generate OTP.
- Step 6: Type the OTP received on the registered mobile number, enter the captcha code displayed, and click on the Submit OTP and Proceed Registration button.
UP Scholarship renewal 2023-24
The renewal process for UP Scholarship 2023-24 application is currently ongoing, only those applicants who have previously applied for the scholarship and are enrolled in the new class/next semester are eligible to fill the renewal scholarship form. At the time of renewal, the applicant will have to choose the application form according to their category (SC / ST / OBC) and type of scholarship (Pre-Matric / Post Matric). Below we have shown how you can renewal the UP scholarship for the academic year 2023-24.
- Visit the official website of the scholarship (scholarship.up.gov.in).
- Go to the login page, then enter your registration number, password, and captcha code then click on the submit button.
- Once the dashboard opens, click on Aadhaar Authentication; type your Aadhaar card number to perform Aadhaar demographic authentication.
- Click on the आवेदन पत्र को संशोधित करें option and fill in the previous academic details, bank details as well as enter other details.
- Enter the captcha code and then submit the application form.
UP Scholarship Form Correction
Students often provide inaccurate information during the online application, which leads to their application being rejected. To avoid this problem, students who provided incorrect information would be offered the opportunity to amend UP Scholarship applications. However, the correction period begins once the online application is entirely completed.
- Visit the Scholarship and Fee Reimbursement Online System portal otherwise go to @scholarship.up.gov.in.
- Then navigate to the Student option and select Fresh Login/Renewal Login.
- Enter your login credentials such as date of birth, password, and cache code then click on submit.
- Now choose correction option and your application will open on the next page.
- You will get the option to edit/update your application and correct the wrong information wherever there is.
- After properly correcting the form type the captcha code then click the submit button.
When applying for the UP Scholarship for the academic year 2023-24, you need to have several documents with you. It’s includes;
- A Passport size photo
- Aadhar Card of the applicant
- Income certificate
- Admission Registration No
- Previous year’s mark sheet
- Fee receipt
- Bank passbook
- Caste Certificate
- Aadhar and PAN Card of Parent/guardian
- Entrance Exam Roll no/marks.
Direct Links for UP Scholarship
|Renewal Application||UP scholarship renewal|
|Application status||2023-24 | 2022-23|
UP Scholarship 2023-24: FAQs
The last date of UP Scholarship, Pre-Matric, and Post-Matric is 8th December 2023 and 31st December 2023 respectively.
Go to the UP Scholarship official website (scholarship.up.gov.in) to check the status of your scholarship. First, log in with your credentials, then you can view the application status on the dashboard.
Visit AGC NEST for more relevant Scholarship.