The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has released the notification for the UPPCS 2023 examination. This exam is conducted for the recruitment of candidates for various administrative positions in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The UPPCS exam is conducted in two stages – Prelims and Mains. The Prelims exam is the first stage of the examination, followed by the Mains exam. In this article, we will discuss the UPPCS 2023 exam date notification and provide all the necessary information related to the exam.
UPPCS 2023 Exam Date Notification
The UPPCS 2023 exam date notification was released by the UPPSC on their official website on 3rd of March 2023. According to the notification, the UPPCS Prelims exam is scheduled to be held on 21st August 2023, while the Mains exam is scheduled to be held on 22nd October 2023. The notification also provides details regarding the application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus.
Overview of UPPCS 2023 Exam
|Name of the Exam||UPPSC PCS|
|Exam Conducted By||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission, UPPSC|
|Notification Out||3rd March 2023|
|Total no of. Vacancies||173 (tentative)|
|Application Fee||Rs. 125/-|
|Age Limit||21-40 years|
|Exam Type||Prelims, Mains Exam and Interview|
UPPCS Prelims Exam
The UPPCS Prelims exam is the first stage of the UPPCS 2023 exam. It consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is a General Studies paper, while Paper 2 is an Aptitude Test paper. Both papers are objective-type multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and are conducted for a total of 400 marks. The duration of each paper is 2 hours.
UPPCS Mains Exam
The UPPCS Mains exam is the second stage of the UPPCS 2023 exam. It consists of 8 papers – 4 General Studies papers and 4 Optional papers. The General Studies papers are compulsory for all candidates, while the Optional papers are chosen by the candidates based on their preference. The Mains exam is conducted for a total of 1500 marks. The duration of each paper is 3 hours.
UPPCS Eligibility Criteria
The UPPCS eligibility criteria for the 2023 exam are as follows:
- Age Limit: The candidate must be between 21 and 40 years of age as on 1st July 2023. However, there are age relaxations for reserved categories.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.
Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
UPPCS Application Process
The UPPCS application process for the 2023 exam will begin on 10th April 2023 and will end on 5th May 2023. Candidates can apply for the exam online through the UPPCS website. The application fee for the exam is Rs. 125/- for general and OBC candidates, and Rs. 65/- for SC/ST candidates.
UPPCS Exam Pattern
The UPPCS exam pattern for the 2023 exam is as follows:
- Prelims Exam: The Prelims exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both papers are objective-type multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and are conducted for a total of 400 marks. The duration of each paper is 2 hours.
- Mains Exam: The Mains exam consists of 8 papers – 4 General Studies papers and 4 Optional papers. The General Studies papers are compulsory for all candidates, while the Optional papers are chosen by the candidates based on their preference. The Mains exam is conducted for a total of 1500 marks. The duration of each paper is 3 hours.
The UPPCS syllabus for the 2023 exam is as follows:
- Prelims Exam: The Prelims exam syllabus includes topics from General Studies and Aptitude Test. The General Studies paper includes History, Geography, Indian Polity, Economy, Environment and Ecology, General Science, Current Events, and Uttar Pradesh Specific topics. The Aptitude Test paper includes questions on Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
- Mains Exam: The Mains exam syllabus includes 4 General Studies papers and 4 Optional papers. The General Studies papers include History, Indian National Movement, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, General Science, Environment and Ecology, Current Affairs, and Uttar Pradesh Specific topics. The Optional papers include a wide range of subjects such as Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, History, Law, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, and Zoology.
UPPCS Exam Preparation
To prepare for the UPPCS 2023 exam, candidates must have a thorough understanding of the exam pattern and syllabus. They should also make a study plan and follow it religiously. Candidates can refer to various books, study materials, and online resources to prepare for the exam. It is also advisable to solve previous year question papers and take mock tests to improve their speed and accuracy.
If you’re looking to pursue a career in the civil services in Uttar Pradesh, then UPPCS coaching can be a great way to prepare for the exams. UPPCS stands for Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission, and it conducts various exams for recruitment to different government services and posts in the state.
A good UPPCS coaching can provide you with the necessary guidance, study material, and practice tests to help you crack the exam. These institutes typically have experienced faculty who can guide you through the syllabus and help you focus on the important topics. Additionally, they may also offer regular mock tests to help you assess your progress and identify areas for improvement. With the right coaching and preparation, you can increase your chances of success in the UPPCS exams and achieve your dream of serving the state.
The UPPCS 2023 exam date notification has been released, and the Prelims exam is scheduled to be held on 21st August 2023, while the Mains exam is scheduled to be held on 22nd October 2023. Candidates must start preparing for the exam well in advance to ensure their success. With dedication and hard work, candidates can crack the UPPCS exam and secure a bright future in the administrative services of Uttar Pradesh.