On June 30, 2021, the Chief Minister of WB announced the West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme. WB student credit card scheme is thought to be a historic scheme in the state, through which all students can apply for loans up to Rs. 10 lahks for higher education. The specialty of this West Bengal education loan is that students will not have to mortgage anything to any bank while taking the amount of the loan. The West Bengal government itself will be fully responsible for providing loans to students. The interest on the West Bengal education loan amounts which students would get through student credit cards has been kept at a very minimum rate of 4%. Students have to repay the loan within 15 years of getting a job and at the end of their studies.
In today’s article, we will discuss what are the qualifications required to obtain a WB Student credit card. how will students apply for a loan? what are the important documents required? And who can apply for this scheme?
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme Details
Through this West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme, students will be able to take a student loan for higher education. Students who want to continue their studies but cannot afford the required tuition fees due to their financial status will definitely get the benefit of this education loan.
Moreover, if anyone wants to move abroad for higher studies, s/he can also be benefited too. Through Student Credit Card, West Bengal students will get a loan of Rs. 10 lakh from a bank at a very low-interest rate for their further studies.
Overview Of West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||West Bengal Student Credit Card|
|Initiate By||Govt. of WB, West Bengal|
|Department||Department of Higher Education Govt. of West Bengal|
|Scheme Offers||Soft Loan for Higher Education|
|Benefits||Loan up to 10 Lakh rupees|
|Interest of Loan||4%|
|Age Limit for Student’s Credit Card Scheme||Up to 40 years|
|Helpline Number||+91 800-102-8014|
|Help Desk||[email protected]|
Student Credit Card West Bengal Eligibility Criteria
Talking about student credit card west bengal eligibility, under the terms of the government, any student who has studied for a minimum of 10 years in the state of West Bengal will be able to avail of the benefit of a student loan through this scheme. Those who have studied undergraduate, and postgraduate, diploma courses will also be eligible for this loan. Students who take this loan will be given 15 years to repay the amount of loan after getting a job.
- WB TET Result 2023
- Oasis Scholarship 2023 Status
- SVMCM Merit Scholarship
- SSP Scholarship Portal
- PM Kisan Status List
- Bihar PMS Apply
- Kanya Utthan Yojana
- E Kalyan Scholarship
Benefits of WB Student Credit Card Scheme
- If someone has taken a student loan through this scheme, s/he will have to pay a much lower interest rate if we compare it with any other student loans.
- Grade 10 and higher students will be able to take advantage of student credit cards where they do not have to put up any mortgages.
- Students will be issued credit card to withdraw their loan amount so that students do not have to visit the bank repeatedly to get their loan money.
- Students up to 40 years of age can avail the benefits of this student loan.
- Students will be given 15 years to repay the loan after getting a job.
Purpose of West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
- The main purpose of the West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme is to provide loans to students for higher education.
- Through this scheme, students will be given loans up to RS. 10 lakh so that they can pursue their higher education without worrying about financial problems.
- The unemployment rate in the state will be greatly reduced through the given project.
Documents required for West Bengal Student Credit Card
If you are ready for west bengal student credit card apply process, you must know what important documents will be required to apply online for this scheme. Below we have listed the important documents that will be required while applying for a Student Credit Card.
- Education qualification.
- Approved course structure.
- Admission Fee structure.
- Applicant photograph.
- Aadhaar Card
- Proof of address.
- PAN Card of the Student.
- Family annual income certificate.
- Class 10+2 marks sheets.
- Identity proof.
- Bank passbook statement.
- Signature of the Student.
Steps to Student Credit Card West Bengal Apply Online
- Student Registration
- Aadhaar, Email, and Mobile Number verification
- Submit Bank Details
- Upload Documents
- Final Submission
wbscc.wb.gov.in Student Credit Card Apply Online
Now we will show you step by step process of how to apply online for the WB Student Credit Card Scheme. To get a student credit card loan, you should first complete your registration. You can apply for a Student Credit Card by following the steps below.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of WBSCC and click on Student Registration.
- Then you have to enter your name, date of birth, and Aadhaar number in the basic details.
- Now you have to give your current education details, such as which class you are studying, the location of your institution, the name of the institution, etc.
- Then you need to provide your contact details, for example, your mobile number, and email ID then create a password and click on registration.
- Then an OTP code will be sent to your mobile number which you have to enter and verify.
- After verification and completion of registration, an application id will be sent to your registered email.
- For creating student credit card login with your application ID and password.
- Once logged in to the WBCCC portal, you will have to add some additional details about yourself.
- All you have to do is to click on Apply Now button and go to the next page.
- Now you have to fill in your father’s name, and mother’s name and go to the bottom of the page.
- Where you have to give your last educational qualification, and permanent address.
- Once this is done, you will need to provide your bank details, such as the bank name, IFSC code, and the bank for the loan. This is a very important step because you will be given a loan from the bank which you are going to provide.
- You will then need to upload the required documents, such as your photograph, your signature, Aadhaar card, and admission fee structure; upload all these and then submit the form.
- After, submitting the application. You can keep the PDF file of the form if you want, which can come in handy later. This way you can easily apply online for WB Credit Card.
How to check West Bengal Student Credit Card Status
After submitting the form applicants will see their Student Credit Card Status. Follow the below procedure to check the status.
- Visit the WBSCC official portal, wbscc.wb.gov.in.
- Now enter your user ID, and password then log in.
- On the dashboard, you will find Track Application option, click on it.
- You will get 3 types of status which are as follows:
- APPLICATION IS RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT” (means You have any document submission pending)
- Application submitted to HOI (form has been successfully submitted by HOI, Head of the Institution)
- Application is forwarded to HED by HOI (It means, the application has been sent to HED, Higher Education Department)
- Application is forwarded by HED to Bank (The application has been forwarded to the bank for approval)
WBSCC WB Credit Card Scheme Interest Rate
The WB Credit Card is an education loan scheme through which students can take loans as per their needs without any security. No processing charges will be levied on students under this scheme. The rate of interest on this student loan is also very low. The interest rate on this student credit card loan is the lowest among all the education loans available in the bank to date.
Students have to pay only a 4% interest rate. As far as we know a bank will charge up to 10% interest rate for an educational loan, but here the West Bengal government will provide an interest subsidy. This means that students will have to pay only 4% interest and the rest will be bear by the government.
Important Links for WB Student Credit Card Scheme
FAQs related West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
The West Bengal student credit card scheme is basically a student loan, the object of which is to provide loans as financial assistance to middle-class and backward students in the state for their higher education.
All students who have studied in West Bengal for a minimum of 10 years, and who are below 40 years of age can apply for a Student Credit Card.
We can get this student loan from any bank, but the Indian government undertaking banks like SBI, and Punjab Nation Banks are the best because loans are usually approved in these banks in a short time.
Go to the portal of wbscc
Create an account if you don’t have one
Fill in personal and required details
Then login with your credentials
Click Apply Now
Provide educational qualification, and permanent address
Submit bank details
Upload required documents
Finally submit the application
Students are able to take loans up to 10 lakh rupees.
Disclaimer: Agcnest.Com never claims that all the information present here is 100% correct, we have collected the information from the official portal and other relative sources. So if you have any queries you can check the official website of the WBSCC portal to find proper solutions.