AICTE Saksham is an MHRD scheme implemented by All India Council for Technical Education on 11th November 2014. Its goal is to encourage specially abled students to pursue technical education by offering them financial aid. Every year, 1000 scholarships are offered to specially abled diploma/degree level students to help them prepare for higher education and become qualified to lead a prosperous and successful life. At present, the online application for AICTE Saksham Scholarship for the session 2023-24 has started on 1st October 2023 and will continue till 31st December 2023.
Applicants will be selected for the scholarship based on the merit. Selected applicants will be given financial assistance of Rs 30,000 per annum towards tuition fees and Rs 2000 per month for 10 months as an ancillary grant i.e. a total of Rs 50,000. Students who are enrolled in the first year or second year of degree/diploma courses (through lateral entry) are eligible to apply for AICTE Saksham Scholarship 2023. Also, there are some other eligibility criteria that you must meet which we have mentioned below as well as we have shown you how to fill the registration, login, and renewal application form.
AICTE Saksham Scholarship 2023
Saksham is a scholarship scheme initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) also called as Ministry of Education, Govt. of India, implemented by AICTE, which aims to provide support and assistance to specially-abled children to pursue technical education. This scheme offers young and specially abled students an opportunity to prepare themselves for higher education thus making them competent enough for leading a prosperous and successful life. The total number of seats under this scheme is 1000 per year which are equally distributed between degree and diploma students. Amount of this scholarship is approximately INR 50,000/- per annum. Out of which 30,000 is paid as tuition fees and rest 20,000 is granted for incidentals charges.
AICTE Saksham Scholarship is offered for a maximum of 4 years for those students who have taken admission in the 1st year of Degree courses and maximum of 3 years for those who have taken admission in their second year of Degree courses or in 1st year of Diploma courses. To avail the benefits of this scholarship a candidate must get admitted to the 1st year of Degree/Diploma course or to the 2nd year of the Degree course institutes which must be AICTE-approved either through Central or State admission procedure during the current year. The degree of disability should not be less than 40%. And, last but not the least family income of a candidate should not exceed Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year.
AICTE Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2023: Overview
|Name of Scheme||AICTE Saksham Scholarship|
|Launched By||Ministry of Education, Govt. of India|
|Implemented By||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Beneficiaries||Specially Abled Students (at least 40%)|
|Amount||INR 50,000/per annum|
|Application Opens||October 1, 2023|
|Last date||December 31, 2023|
|Where to apply||scholarships.gov.in|
Eligibility for AICTE Saksham Scholarship 2023-24
- Students in the first or second year of degree/diploma courses (enrolled through lateral entry) are eligible to apply for the Saksham Scholarship.
- The educational institution/college in which the students are studying must be approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Saksham scholarships are available only for specially abled students and level of disability should be at least 40%.
- The annual family income of the applicant should be less than Rs 8 lakh during the current financial year.
- Applicants must provide a valid proof of income at the time of application.
AICTE Saksham Scholarship Online Application
Eligible students can apply for AICTE Saksham Scholarship through online mode only. Applicants should visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and fill the application form for the scholarship. After submitting the application form, it will be verified by the educational institution, after which the next stage of verification will be done by the All India Council for Technical Education. The last date for verification through educational institutions is 15th January 2024.
Guide for AICTE Saksham Scholarship Registration
Saksham Scholarship Fresh/Renewal applications for the AY 2023-24 are ongoing on the National Scholarship Portal. To apply for this scholarship, first of all, students need to register, then login and fill the scholarship application form. To register online, simply follow the instructions outlined below.
- Go to the National Scholarship Portal (scholarships.gov.in), and click on the Register button under the Applicant Corner.
- Read the guidelines and instructions; Accept the Terms and Conditions and then click on the Continue button.
- Choose I have Aadhaar or EID, enter your mobile number, click on Get OTP, type OTP, then captcha code, and click on the Verify button.
- Provide your Aadhaar Number, Click on Get OTP (OTP will be sent to your Aadhaar-linked mobile number), Enter OTP then Click on the Verify button.
- On the next page, Select Scholarship Type (Scholarship/incentive), Scholarship Category (Pre-matric/Post Matric/Top Class/ MCM), State of domicile, Father’s/Mother’s Name, and Email ID, etc.
- Verify all the information you provided, and finally click on the Register button.
After successful registration, each student will be given a registration number, Note it down somewhere safe.
Note: For registration, it is essential to have Aadhaar linked to your mobile number as well as bank account (NPCI Mapper).
Login and Apply for AICTE Saksham Scholarship Online
- Visit NSP portal or @scholarships.gov.in, then click on Fresh Application.
- Enter your Application ID, Password, and Captcha Code, Click on Login then Verify OTP.
- Click on Application Form on the left side panel and provide your General Information, Academic Details, Contact Details, and Scheme Details.
- Provide general information like Community/Category, Family Income, Day Scholar/Hosteller, etc.
- Enter academic details eg, first, select institute (Institute State/District/Name), then enter Admission/Registration Number, Admission Year, Roll Number, Section, Present Class/Course, Current Year, etc.
- Then provide Mode of Study, Class Start Date, Board/University Name, Previous Course, Passing Year, Marks, Class 10/12 Roll Number, Board Name, Year of Passing, Marks Obtained, and Competitive Exam Details, etc.
- Provide other details like Is disabled (yes), type of disability, % of disability, parent profession, etc. Then enter your locality (rural/urban), house number, and pin code.
- In the scheme section, select AICTE Saksham Scholarship Scheme, choose lateral entry (yes/no), enter 10th/10+2 class percentage, etc.
- Upload documents such as cast certificate, income certificate, disability certificate, scanned copy of mark sheet, domicile and Bonafide certificate, etc.
- Re-check all the information and click on Final Submit button.
How to Apply for AICTE Saksham Scholarship Renewal Form?
- Visit the NSP portal (https://scholarships.gov.in), otherwise access the direct link provided below.
- Click on the Renewal Application option under Applicant Corner.
- Enter your Application ID, Password and Captcha code then click on the Login button.
- On the left side of the panel, click on Add Aadhaar Number.
- Now type your Aadhaar number and click on Submit button; Enter the OTP received on your registered number and click on the verify button.
- Click on the Apply for Renewal option, and provide the following information.
- Family income
- Email ID
- Day Scholar/Hosteller
- Present Class Year
- Class Start Date and Previous Class Marks.
- Go to Upload Documents and upload Bonafide certificate.
- Verify all information and click on Final Submit button.
The selected candidates will be given a financial grant of Rs 50,000 per annum. Out of which Rs 30,000 is given as tuition fee/college fee and the rest Rs 20,000 is given for incidental charges. Students enrolled in the first year of degree course will receive this grant for 4 years and those enrolled in the second year of Degree course will receive this scholarship for 3 years.
Steps to Check AICTE Saksham Scholarship Merit List 2023
Students will be able to check the Saksham Scholarship merit list to confirm whether they have been selected for the grant or not. Beneficiaries whose names appear on this list will receive the scholarship amount under the AICTE Saksham Scholarship Scheme. Kindly follow the guidelines below to check the merit list.
- First, visit the portal www.aicte-india.org.
- After entering the homepage, click on Pragati and Saksham under the Initiatives & Schemes option.
- Now click on Read More button under SAKSHAM SCHOLARSHIP.
- Click on Selected Students Saksham Scholarship Scheme (Diploma/Degree).
- Once the merit list is opened, download and save it, then check your name on this list.
Documents needed for Saksham Scholarship
Below we have listed the documents that you will need when filling online application form for the Saksham Scholarship.
- Copy of SSC/10th Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of HSC/12th Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of ITI/Diploma Certificate (for lateral entry)
- Scanned copy of Applicant’s Bank Passbook
- Copy of Caste Certificate
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Annual Family Income Certificate
- Bank Mandate Form
- Valid Disability Certificate
|Official Website||AICTE Saksham|
|Online registration||Click here|
|Login and Fill Application||Fresh | Renewal|
|Check Merit List||click here|
AICTE Saksham Scholarship 2023 – FAQs
Students who are enrolled in the first or second year of a degree/diploma course at an AICTE-recognized college and have a disability level of at least 40%.
The deadline for online application is December 31, 2023.
Students will be given a financial grant of Rs 50,000 per annum.
To check application status visit the website https://scholarships.gov.in, then login using your application ID and password, and select application status from the left panel of the dashboard.