Academic Bank of Credit (ABC) is a National Education Policy (NEP) program initiated by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and implemented by the Ministry of Education (MoE) & Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India (GOI). ABC ID card has now been made mandatory for all university and college students. The Government of India has launched the portal www.abc.gov.in for those who want to create an ABC ID card. Once they generate an ABC card, students will be given a unique ID, which will contain a digital record of their academic credits.
ABC id Card Download, Apply Online, Registration
The University Grants Commission (UGC) had issued a gazette notice on July 28, 2021, announcing the formation of the Academic Bank of Credits, abbreviated ABC. It is a digital card that will hold academic information as well as credit for each student. ABC will make it possible for students to study courses of their choice in multiple colleges/universities at the same time. Students will be able to earn academic credit by creating an ABC ID, which will allow them to switch subjects during the course as well as take a break and resume their studies if they so desire.
Academic Bank of Credits ABC Card 2023: Overview
|Name of the initiatives||Academic Bank of Credits, ABC|
|Launched by||Ministry of Education (MoE) Govt. of India|
|Purpose||Store Academic credits by creating an ABC card|
|ABC id Number||12 digit|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Total ABC IDs Created||2.0 Cr|
|Official Website||link is given below|
|Where to Apply||digilocker.meripehchaan.gov.in/signup|
Purpose of introducing the ABC id Card
Many students in our country drop out in the middle of their studies for a variety of reasons, and when they want to continue their studies at a university, they have to take re-admission from the first year. However, since the implementation of the ABC ID, if someone drops out during the course, they can subsequently enroll in the same or another university and continue to study from the previous course. The ABC ID card will retain all of the academic information of the students, which can be accessed whenever necessary.
Academic Bank of Credits (ABC) id Card Benefits
Academic Bank of Credit allows students to open an academic bank account in digital form. ABC Card seems to be a bank for students that has been launched with the purpose of saving credit. However, in addition to credit, the ABC card offers numerous other additional perks. Which is as follows:
- A 12-digit unique ID is supplied to each student, and this ID can be used to store their academic record.
- The ABC ID can store students’ classwork and lessons in digital form.
- Through this card, students will be able to take advantage of multiple entry and exit options in higher education institutions.
- Not all courses are available at every educational institution, but with the ABC card, students will be able to select courses from a variety of institutions.
- Students will be issued a degree/diploma certificate based on the credit acquired on this card.
- The ABC credit system will enable independent learning for each student. If a student drops out of a course in the middle of his/her studies and has an ABC card, all of their academic records will be saved, and he will be able to resume his studies whenever he wishes in the future.
ABC id Card Online Apply and Registration 2023
Creating an ABC ID card is really easy, anyone can easily create this ID card through their mobile phone. Basically, there are two ways to create ABC cards, we will demonstrate you both;
|Step1||Visit the portal of the Academic Bank of Credits, or access this website, https://www.abc.gov.in.|
|Step2||Go to the My Account menu and select the Student option.|
|Step3||Click on New User sign up for Mari Pehchan.|
|Step4||Enter the mobile number, then click on Generate OTP and verify by entering the OTP.|
|Step5||Now enter your full name, date of birth, username, and pin, check on I agree, click on the verify button.|
|Step6||Then go to Verify your account with Aadhaar and select Continue.|
|Step7||When the Digilocker dashboard opens, select University/Skills/College and select the name of the university, then click on the submit button.|
|Step8||After submission, your ABC card will be generated successfully, now note the ABC id.|
abc.gov.in Registration Digilocker
- Step 1: Open the Digilocker application or directly visit www.digilocker.meripehchaan.gov.in/signup.
- Step 2: Select sign in, then enter your mobile number/Aadhaar/username and click on the Next button.
- Step 3: Then go to the Search Documents option and type “ABC ID Card“.
- Step 4: Click on Academic Bank of Credits and enter your Date of Birth, Admission Year, Identity Type, Identity Value, Institute Type, and Institute Name, then click on the Get Documents button.
- Step 5: Go to the Issued Documents option and click on ABC ID. following this, Your ID will be generated successfully.
How to download ABC id Card Online?
Now we’ll go over how to download the ABC ID card. Follow the instructions below to download the ABC ID card in PDF format:
ABC id card download pdf
- Step 1
Open the DigiLocker app or visit the Digilocker.gov.in website.
- Step 2
Go to Issued Documents Options and click on More Issued Documents.
- Step 3
Type ABC ID and click on Academic Bank of Credit.
- Step 4
Wait for the ABC ID card to be fetched.
- Step 5
Now select your ABC id and click on download then save the file as PDF file.
abc.gov.in Important Links
|ABC id Card Login||abc gov.in|
|abc.gov.in registration||Sign Up on MeriPehchaan|
|ABC Card PDF||Download on Digilocker|
FAQs related to ABC id Card
The ABC stands for Academic Bank of Credits.
This card offers a number of unique advantages, Viz the ability to digitally retain academic information such as classwork and tutorials, the freedom to select courses, multiple entries, and exits, etc.
The ABC card features a 12-digit unique ID number.
Go to www.abc gov.in website, then sign up for Meri Pehchan, and fill out the registration form.